WFMY New graphics

nhmediaguy

Style, yes. It's a little sloppy, the fast cuts should match up to the notes.

On graphics changes viewers are (mostly) bark and no bite. They hate change, but will get used to it. When these graphics change in a few years people will be pissed again and swear they're changing the channel.

Yes. Get me in there and I can align it nicely. My guess is that whoever puts this together doesn't have much time (Was this idea taken from the CBS: This Morning Eyeopener?)

I was happy that KUSA got rid of the 2004 GFX package in 2008. I was never particularly enthralled with what Pyburn and G3 came up. In fact, I still miss the KUSA custom package by Third Street. However, This is Home is definitely better than the former news music package.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well WGRZ viewers are sounding off on the station's Facebook wall. Many dislike the look completely and don't too much care for the image song' date=' and now they've set up a special e-mail & a phone number for viewers to complain on the new look.

Poor Gannett! They just can't do ANYTHING RIGHT can they?

I'm not sure why people would complain about the new look, it is a couple steps above Gannett's previous standardized graphics. The theme sounds decent, too. The weather icons (as seen in this clip from

) interestingly remind me of the ones used by The Weather Channel). Though Gannett and Scripps decision to frame their graphics to fit 16:9 screens is an issue, since a lot of people still own TV sets with 4:3 screens (myself included), so it does create a disservice to those that do not yet have widescreens sets.

I think that's also part of the reason that this package has received so many complaints. The viewers who don't know anything most likely can't distinguish between new graphics and the "black bars that take up too much space" on the top and bottom of the screen. Had stations converted to 16:9 before these graphics (which KUSA did, though only for a few months), then I bet we would have seen far fewer complaints.

• 2 weeks later...
They haven't announced the date but the final two stations will be getting the graphics soon. Possibly before the start of the May Books in less than two weeks.

602184_10151448676209613_1200071144_n.jpg

547516_10151568985781278_1642262746_n.jpg

Should be any time now. They're already starting to use "This is the Place" image promos.

WCSH and WLBZ will be switching to the graphics tomorrow according to a facebook post https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151575256171278&set=a.327507446277.195133.44042756277&type=1

Starting tomorrow we are debuting our new look. It's pretty different from the one we have now. Here's a preview, and be sure to share with all your friends so they know too!

See it here: http://on.wlbz2.com/10bgEjC

Should be any time now. They're already starting to use "This is the Place" image promos.

WLBZ just posted this on their facebook.

Starting tomorrow we are debuting our new look. It's pretty different from the one we have now. Here's a preview, and be sure to share with all your friends so they know too!

What if News Center went back to Good News? KARE didn't switch to the Rampage Fax Machine when they got the new graphics. It's always possible News Center doesn't get This Is Home.

Bull. They launch tomorrow. We will just have to see. I suspect that because they use the TiH image, they will use the news music package too.

Bull. They launch tomorrow. We will just have to see. I suspect that because they use the TiH image, they will use the news music package too.

The question won't be if they use the new This Is Home package, which there is a 99.9% chance that they will use that new theme song. The question is going to be whether they'll still use that specific cue from Good News for its Storm Center coverage in winter time again.

Archived