SouthernMedia's News Music Search Archive has a new look

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are longer theme samples too, some of which are not listed: the ABC News affiliate package, Gari's Allegro (went from about 1:26 to six minutes!), Hometown News and The One and Only, HitPlay's Works for You, two that are listed, and (I think) the Tuesday WNEV/KWGN theme.

That said, the NMSA is still missing many, many things I have sent to it, including two 1980s KTNV news themes, an entire news-image package used by at least three stations with the chance of four, at least two uncredited or consistently undercredited voiceover artists...

That said, the NMSA is still missing many, many things I have sent to it, including two 1980s KTNV news themes, an entire news-image package used by at least three stations with the chance of four, at least two uncredited or consistently undercredited voiceover artists...

I also sent the theme used by KTNV/WCHS about a month ago.

I had sent in an open a while back and it took a year to be posted. So, I would assume it will probably be that long until it gets posted.

I sent some info and audio to NMSA last fall which hasn't been added yet. Some of it was, but not all of it.

I think he's spent most of his time on the new site design, I'm noticing that most of the audio seems to be higher quality. Now that it's not compressed, downconverted mono, you can really hear how good some of the clean themes are, especially if you've got headphones. (For example, take a listen to WAVY 1985, it blew me away.)

The clearer audio samples are probably my favorite upgrade. I'm finding myself "re-listening" to stuff I haven't listened to in a while.

(For example, take a listen to WAVY 1985, it blew me away.)

I submitted that one a few years back... during WAVY's 50th anniversary on their website, they added a special program from 1989 chronicling the station's move to their newly-constructed building. That full one-minute track ran under the closing credits.

The webmaster has probably been occupied with the site rehaul... I, too, have submitted some things that haven't gone up. For example, the WFSB 1995 News Theme is by Tom Nazziolla. http://www.tomnazziola.com/scoring.html

I'm blown away by the sound quality, too. A long time ago I submitted a 1985-ish open to a newscast that I recorded myself -- by plugging my cheap tape recorder into a portable TV via the earphone jack. I listened to it and HOLY COW did it sound good, better than any of that original equipment was capable of.

Anybody noticing certain clips just won't play? For example, the KGO NS2000 opens and some of the other KGO opens never load for me.

Not sure if it's an issue with the site or with Firefox 17. Most stuff plays, but I've had past situations where some audio in HTML5 sites never loads. Do the KGO NS2000 opens load for any of you?

It could be that he was receiving all of your audio files, but was also working with them or something to vastly improve the quality of the audio.

I've submitted some very minor detailed information to him before, such as "this station is now in HD" or "this station is now using this theme by this maker and here's a little sample clip from Youtube of it" and it's generally been put up and updated very soon afterwards.

Anybody noticing certain clips just won't play? For example, the KGO NS2000 opens and some of the other KGO opens never load for me.

Not sure if it's an issue with the site or with Firefox 17. Most stuff plays, but I've had past situations where some audio in HTML5 sites never loads. Do the KGO NS2000 opens load for any of you?

The file the player is trying to load doesn't exist.

3P41b.png

I'm using Firefox and it appears to be working fine.

Worked fine with me on Firefox a few days ago (on my laptop).

Anyone get this message going there on Internet Explorer?

You are currently using Internet Explorer. This site is designed to be used with Chrome, a far superior browser.

The NMSA will not behave correctly in IE because we do not want to spend the time and effort to make it work.

Therefore, please make the switch to Chrome and NEVER USE IE AGAIN!

I know that IE is not well liked among some circles (mainly due to security vulnerabilities); but I've never seen a message like this left on a site.

Archived