New WABC iPhone App / Slight Change to Circle 7 Logo

Vlad

In recent release of the Watch ABC there is a new iphone app available in the App Store, gotta say it looks pretty nice and streamline and much clearer. I've also noticed a slight change in the Circle 7 logo. A bit more cleaner than before and less metallic no?

Those are actually the internally-designed iPad apps. They made them universal, so they now work on iPhones as well. Huge improvement over the old, externally-made apps.

I'm not totally sold on it, but it does look pretty good.

wabc2013small_zps3a910074.png

NOW that looks much better than the glass ball one, that glass ball one looks like a psychic ball to me. I wonder if they are going back in time to retrive this like 2000?? and if all of the abc affiliates are going to switch to this???

• 2 weeks later...
As of Today ABC is using the new bug logo on air.

I don't think the top left white and the bottom right yellow flat bug work for a semi transparent logo as good as the old embossed bug.

abf7YVTO.jpg

Yeah, it definitely does not look good, especially in SD.

ABC's mobile site now uses the new logo. Also, the promo for Motive uses the blue version of the logo. The slide at the end uses the same font for the day and time as the one in the recent fall previews. (Sorry for the bad quality on the latter two pictures, they were taken from an SDTV.)

image.thumb.jpg.a3764b9b0f7d7514eb7a36460d674df6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e98f06f6d727fa97b0f434442fa557a4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.49c67eb78d7bd09b84ff9be1b7dda0b5.jpg

The old abc logo is still used on the WABC News Brief animation, some of the weather map title graphics and the transparent abc7 logo bug that appears before the abc bug on network programming.

• 2 weeks later...

A new round of WABC-TV logo confusion -- on the local promos for new fall ABC shows, the WABC logo that appears at the bottom right of the screen is the new network logo on top of the bubble (7) logo that has been used up until last month.

• 2 weeks later...

Its definitely more basic and clearer than and more reminiscent of the early 2000s campaign when they had the orange and black look. Seems like they are returning back to simplicity. Less emboss, more flat and easy to the eyes. It seems that's the general direction most graphical user interfaces are taking now. (ie; iOS 7, Windows 8, the new Android and Google, etc...) Less skeumorphism and more retro flat looks haha.

Archived