Larry Conners fired from KMOV over controversial Facebook comment

Mrtraveler01

At this stage of the game, people in his position start throwing sh*t on the wall to see if it sticks. Who had been at KMOV longer: Larry Conners or Vickie Newton? I could maybe side with Larry if he said that he was paid less than Vickie and having more seniority but throwing the reverse race card is stupid and makes him sound desperate-not to mention racist.

Agreed. The sad thing is that he consulted with his legal team and still decided to use the "reverse racism" card instead of a simple age discrimination lawsuit (which I agree would have been a more legitimate claim because Larry does have more seniority than Vickie Newton, who doesn't even work at KMOV anymore.)

I think this sums up how I feel about the whole thing:

i-4fd96abe96347f6ad94121f67ed84302-picardandrikerdoublefacnm1.jpg

At this stage of the game, people in his position start throwing sh*t on the wall to see if it sticks. Who had been at KMOV longer: Larry Conners or Vickie Newton? I could maybe side with Larry if he said that he was paid less than Vickie and having more seniority but throwing the reverse race card is stupid and makes him sound desperate-not to mention racist.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Agreed. The sad thing is that he consulted with his legal team and still decided to use the "reverse racism" card instead of a simple age discrimination lawsuit (which I agree would have been a more legitimate claim because Larry does have more seniority than Vickie Newton, who doesn't even work at KMOV anymore.)

I think this sums up how I feel about the whole thing:

i-4fd96abe96347f6ad94121f67ed84302-picardandrikerdoublefacnm1.jpg

In any case, I still think that the claim is frivolous. I hope that Conners is laughed right out of the courthouse. But if somehow, the claim is greenlighted, I hope he loses and loses big. And I will go even further.....any judge who is actually stupid enough to let this claim go forward should be removed from the bench.

My thoughts come courtesy of growing up in a city (NYC) where frivolous lawsuits run rampant.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Follow-up Time!

The St. Louis Dispatch states today that a Circuit Court Judge ruled that former KMOV anchor Larry Connors can work on a radio station, but can't be on television. The reason is that he had a non-compete clause, that he can't be on a competiting television station in the city for one year. The Judge also ruled that there was no evidence that he was fired because of his age.

• 8 months later...

Archived