Diana Rocco-CBS3

Phillyhere

Wow, glad it wasn't just me who is less than impressed with Diana Rocco on CBS3! The first few times I saw her filling in on the desk I didn't care for her. She is annoying to watch! I have given up on watching 3. I don't care for their weather team at all...their overall product comes off as weak.

She is absolutely terrible to watch. Not only is she bad at delivering the news but she is very stiff and her expressions are distracting. I hope that she isn't the replacement but I fear that she is because she's been filling in for quite some time now.

Wow i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed. She is awful. The good news if ch3 is still planning on making her co-anchor, is she can overcome being so stiff, and will probably loosen up overtime. Still if I was the guy incharge of finding the new co-anchor for cbs3, I would move on from her. Let her wet her beak in a smaller market.

Wow i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed. She is awful. The good news if ch3 is still planning on making her co-anchor, is she can overcome being so stiff, and will probably loosen up overtime. Still if I was the guy incharge of finding the new co-anchor for cbs3, I would move on from her. Let her wet her beak in a smaller market.

Amen to that. I think they should just put Pat as the anchor for a while (interim basis) and search for someone else. They could probably snag someone over at KDKA but I don't think KDKA would let them.

I've been viewing Philadelphia TV News for the vast majority of my 30 years here on earth.

With all apologies to Ms. Rocco, I don't ever think I've seen a worse anchor than her. It has nothing to do with her likeability, or her boobs, or whatever.

Simply put, Diana Rocco is incapable of anchoring.

She fumbles lines, she messes up cues, she delivers in this horrible monotone, and she looks like she's staring into the cameras expecting to be shot. She fumbles names, she misses what camera she's supposed to be on, etc. She literally is inept at the basics of not just anchoring, but of simply presenting/hosting. Her errors and flaws are incredibly obvious, and I can't believe there haven't been discussions about her "talent" at the desk.

If this was one week, that would be bad enough. But they keep putting her at that desk, day in and day out. Not regular - Chris was paired with Pat Ciarocchi and Natasha Brown on a few days this week - but enough to create the impression that she is in line for that spot. Now, it may not be the case. They could be looking within other CBS O&Os or talent from outside the market. (I wouldn't mind if that Alice Gainer chick came back down from NYC.) But the more time they give Rocco on air, the more entrenched she becomes.

It is inexcusable for a station in the fourth largest market to put an anchor to use someone who clearly does not have the skills as their main evening anchor.

She should not be in the running, period. This is market #4. We've gotten a lot of newbies lately, but nearly all of them at least have basic chops. I dread Diana Rocco when I see her on the air - in fact, I flip stations. If KYW goes through with this move, it will cease to exist in my mind. They are on the verge of making a greater mistake than their change to The News Tonight.

She should not be in the running, period. This is market #4. We've gotten a lot of newbies lately, but nearly all of them at least have basic chops. I dread Diana Rocco when I see her on the air - in fact, I flip stations. If KYW goes through with this move, it will cease to exist in my mind. They are on the verge of making a greater mistake than their change to The News Tonight.

With WPVI on top of its game and WCAU turning things around, this really doesn't seem like the time to be screwin' around with poor talent.

With WPVI on top of its game and WCAU turning things around, this really doesn't seem like the time to be screwin' around with poor talent.

Not only WPVI and WCAU, but WTXF as well. They've hit their stride lately and have fought off 6's challenge. They're just going back to fundamentals, and they didn't fire much of the reporting staff, much of them from their height. And they owned the Building Collapse story this week. Fox has Jeff Cole, investigative bulldog, which is what this story needed. They were breaking details way before the others, too.

Plus, I drove past a Fox 29 van last night. I almost got into an accident because I haven't seen a Fox 29 van in YEARS.

5pm today and yup, you guessed it... she's anchoring again. For some reason they're using her to co-anchor the 5 and 6, but Chris May is going it alone at 10 and 11 (and honestly is doing just fine).

I hate to repeatedly bash on her, but I did a search for "KYW" by date on youtube and this clip came up for reporter/weekend anchor Cassandra Duvall at WGBA in Green Bay. I don't believe she's coming here, or is rumored to come here - her video came up because by sheer coincidence, "kyw" was in that video ID. But I'm posting it here.

[yt]yayy-CUuJi0[/yt]

Duvall is a reporter and anchor in DMA 70... and yet her delivery, style, and presence is far, far better than Diana Rocco's. And she's in DMA 4.

• 1 month later...

Well after several months of auditioning Diana Rocco & Natasha Brown maybe they have finnally realized Rocco isn't lead anchor material (or even small market) While she has improved on the actual news reading, her face is still as expressionless as a mannequin, she still has zero chemsitry with Chris May, and compeletly fails during the socal banter portions of the program.

Anyway, like I was saying maybe CBS3 has got the hint, as Erika Von Tiehl filled in for Diana this week. Either that or Diana is just on vacation, but I don't think so since she had a report on Tuesday....altough come to think about it....it was just a GA report, that wasn't live so she could've did it before going on vaction....:\

Anyway Erika had great chemstry & banter with Chris. She would actually be the perfect replacment for Susan, but I think she is even better in the morning with Ukee, so I hope they don't move her from mornings.

I still think they underutilize Pat Ciarocchi. Pair her up with Chris, or add the mornings to her duties and move Erika to the evenings.

I'm wondering if, at this point, Pat wants to do the morning shift anymore. But I would not mind that idea in the least - Ukee and Pat are great and they're being wasted on that awful Talk Philly thing.

I'm glad that they aren't having Diana Rocco anchor all the time anymore. I hope they realize that she is a godawful anchor and not very popular with the viewers. I really hope that Natasha Brown gets the main anchor slot because she has been with KYW for a long time and has great delivery as well as good chemistry with Chris May.

It should really be Natasha. She's been with the station for a long time, she does really fit besides Chris, and she's always had great delivery. She probably should have been moved up to weekdays a long time ago.

Archived