Bob Sirott is OUT at WFLD

Daybreak

Hmm...

I'm not thrilled about Sirott leaving ENTIRELY, but he and Robin were never a good fit. I'll give Herndon a chance, for sure. What they have in their arsenal right now is not working, and the new guy seems like a competent anchor, and someone who can fit the 'Anchorman 1.0' vision that Fox has for its stations. Looking at KAKE's website tells me that he will be missed. Are the tastes of Wichita different than Chicago? Absolutely, but at least Middle-America isn't popping the champagne at the idea of him being gone.

P.S. How does Robin continue to survive all of these changes (for better or worse)? Seriously, in 26 years she'll have had 6 co-anchors, 4 of those in 6 years. I'm not saying she's the problem, but...

P.S. How does Robin continue to survive all of these changes (for better or worse)? Seriously, in 26 years she'll have had 6 co-anchors, 4 of those in 6 years. I'm not saying she's the problem, but...

She'll be gone before the new guy starts. Amara Walker would be a good successor, but if they have already decided to go outside the market, I'm fine with that too. No better time to start cleaning house, top to bottom.

• 4 weeks later...

This is ridiculous. It's been two full weeks since Bob departed, and I'm hearing tons of radio commercials for FOX's fall season debuts, and every single one of the commercials ends with, "...and then stay tuned for FOX Chicago News at 9 with Bob Sirott and Robin Robinson."

You'd think that at some point since they decided to fire Sirott, they maybe would've re-recorded the promos? Nope! This is WFLD, home of halfassery!

• 3 weeks later...

A new low at WFLD, and a prediction for the near future?

http://www.robertfeder.com/2013/10/08/is-fox-32-cheap-were-not-making-this-up/

I wouldn't call this a new low given their current state. What's really sad is that they refuse to re-invest any money saved into the station and its newscasts. Plus, they have done the 'three people' thing twice before to no success. I can't understand why they believe it's going to work this time around.

Plus, they have done the 'three people' thing twice before to no success. I can't understand why they believe it's going to work this time around.

Maybe this is there way of changing but not pulling a "Sylvia Perez" and canning a long time personality like Robin.

Archived