Carlos Amezcua out at KTTV

FiveNews

Just read on TVSpy Carlos is out at KTTV after five years as the 10pm co-anchor. His last day was Black Friday. He joined KTTV after anchoring the KTLA Morning News for 16 years. He left on his own accord to expand his media company. And so the drama continues at KTTV. Anyone have further details on Carlos' departure?

None of the above...for now. He's starting a media/tech firm, as the first post references.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/carlos-amezcua-leaves-kttv-for-his-own-business_b110265

I know that. It doesn't mean he can't/won't land at another station in town. Most personalities that leave a station end up starting their own media/PR firms or go into PR. For the bigger names out there, it usually lasts a short time until another station in town picks them up.

Who is filling in in the interim? I've heard Steve Mason from KSPN radio has been appearing on GDLA and anchoring sports at night. That's gotta be a tough job to sell given how Fox has cut to the bone and the recent news director vacancy. Whoever ends up running that shop has a golden opportunity to make some big changes to improve the product and re-establish the brand. Wonder if Rick Garcia kicks the tires at his old stomping grounds if he decides he doesn't like early mornings. Wouldn't that be something if he goes to KTTV and Carlos winds up with his former KTLA colleague Sharon Tay in the morning at KCBS down the line?

Who is filling in in the interim? I've heard Steve Mason from KSPN radio has been appearing on GDLA and anchoring sports at night. That's gotta be a tough job to sell given how Fox has cut to the bone and the recent news director vacancy. Whoever ends up running that shop has a golden opportunity to make some big changes to improve the product and re-establish the brand. Wonder if Rick Garcia kicks the tires at his old stomping grounds if he decides he doesn't like early mornings. Wouldn't that be something if he goes to KTTV and Carlos winds up with his former KTLA colleague Sharon Tay in the morning at KCBS down the line?

For now, it seems to be Tony McEwing filling in.

I know that. It doesn't mean he can't/won't land at another station in town. Most personalities that leave a station end up starting their own media/PR firms or go into PR. For the bigger names out there, it usually lasts a short time until another station in town

If he is hired on at KNBC most likely he would anchor weekend evenings and report during the week, same with KCBS/KCAL he would anchor weekend nights and report during the week.

Archived