Today Show

todayshowproducer

• 2 weeks later...
Sheneille Jones & Harry Smith are anchoring today's broadcast Kristen Welker providing news updates and -WNBCs Raphael Miranda doing the weather.

Harry Smith would do a good job on Weekend Today, I don't know if it is official but they seem to have gotten Craig Melvin as the regular co-host.

I don't find Craig Melvin anchor material and if he is the regular co-host, I think Today is going to kill it's weekend broadcast that is already not great with Erica.

I agree, Craig Melvin is not that good, he is kind of immature and does have the right demeanor.The Weekend show has been borefest with Erica what was NBC thinking when they hired her. The show has no life, and the anchors are trying to force that they have chemistry with each other. Holt era of Weekend Today was the best and can't be topped.

Meredith Show may get ax next year. It to bad she won't ever come back to TODAY Show full time. That would be great but it won't happen.

I do like the current team but sometime I yearn for the old days with Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann. That was a Great Team

Had Meredith not left I think they would all still be together today.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have info on why they don't do the news w/Natalie in the 7:00 half hour anymore? It's stupid that she even sits at the desk in the first hour because she doesn't do anything! Seems like NBC is trying to put Matt & Savannah front and center for all of the first half hour. They've even started doing a lot of interviews together.

Anyone have info on why they don't do the news w/Natalie in the 7:00 half hour anymore? It's stupid that she even sits at the desk in the first hour because she doesn't do anything! Seems like NBC is trying to put Matt & Savannah front and center for all of the first half hour. They've even started doing a lot of interviews together.

Think you answered your own question... Probably research/focus groups told them showcasing Matt & Savannah together was a better start for the show.

Viewers don't like the 4 people at one desk, too distracting especially when serious news is happening, if anything Today show is going back to the old format when it was just two people are one desk during the first half hour. To get the news out, you don't need four people and I bet viewers got tired of the joking in the beginning.

• Like 1

The Today Show broadcast from the White House this morning where Matt, Savannah, Natalie, Al and Carson (+Jenna Bush Hager). Matt has a recorded interview with POTUS and Savannah has a live interview with VPOTUS.

Here's a photo of all the equipment they schlepped along.

[MEDIA=twitter]686886745019924480[/MEDIA]

Check out Today's Twitter account to see a lot more photos. It seems like they were granted almost unlimited access to the White House.

Think you answered your own question... Probably research/focus groups told them showcasing Matt & Savannah together was a better start for the show.

Yes. Matt and Savannah work good together. The Chemistry seem to have gotten a lot better (not that it was ever bad) some Savannah back from Maternity Leave.

I have to say they especially make a great team when covering major breaking stories like Sandy Hook, Boston Marathon Bombing and Paris Attacks. I cringe at the thought of having to endure watching Matt and Ann anchor those major breaking news together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did any of you find the NBC set designs in Des Moines pandering, as some people on TVForum.co.uk thinks so? I didn't find it pandering but rather they blended in with their environments andlikely removed the existing kitsch with NBC kitsch. Going speak with a lot of glass and metal would contrast greatly with the overal ambiance.

Did any of you find the NBC set designs in Des Moines pandering, as some people on TVForum.co.uk thinks so? I didn't find it pandering but rather they blended in with their environments andlikely removed the existing kitsch with NBC kitsch. Going speak with a lot of glass and metal would contrast greatly with the overal ambiance.

People on the Today show facebook were saying how much they dislike how Today show portrayed Iowa. The show, all the way from the studio design was portraying Iowans as hillbillies instead of smart people.

People on the Today show facebook were saying how much they dislike how Today show portrayed Iowa. The show, all the way from the studio design was portraying Iowans as hillbillies instead of smart people.

How is it pandering when the places they're broadcasting from are already kitschy? Would you want blend in and compliment the already established decor?

How is it pandering when the places they're broadcasting from are already kitschy? Would you want blend in and compliment the already established decor?
Thats what I was wondering. I didn't think any of their reports were bad either. It wouldn't be interesting TV if they only talked to decided voters.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda saw this coming after it was rumored Willie will take over Sunday Today. It took me some years but I've grown to like Erika. I know this is a shock for some who remember she wasn't my favorite when they CBS revamp the Early Show in 2011 but that's the pass haha. I wonder if CNN/HLN will swoop her up again. Time will tell. One thing for sure a lot of changes are happening at NBC...

The ratings are down on Weekend Today. She has been a weak host through out her tenure on the show. When she first came to Weekend Today, people thought she might take Savannah's job but viewers never warmed up to her. She was never considered a favorite nor was she anything special on CBS.