Boston November sweeps: WCVB remains unstoppable!

johnnya2k6

That's from 2010 (since Oprah's departure, Ellen DeGeneres has occupied the 4:00 slot on WCVB).

How about this for Atlanta: With Katie Couric's show soon to be gone, WSB should steal Ellen away from WXIA and schedule her at 3:00 with WXIA running Dr. Phil back-to-back at 3:00 and 4:00. That way, they'll be back to doing news at 5:00.

• 2 weeks later...

That's from 2010 (since Oprah's departure, Ellen DeGeneres has occupied the 4:00 slot on WCVB).

How about this for Atlanta: With Katie Couric's show soon to be gone, WSB should steal Ellen away from WXIA and schedule her at 3:00 with WXIA running Dr. Phil back-to-back at 3:00 and 4:00. That way, they'll be back to doing news at 5:00.

I was told WXIA will not bring back it 5pm news broadcast and it seems to be a Gannett thing to have Ellen @4, Dr. Phil @ 5, and many of their stations doing 7pm news.. D.C, Columbia, SC, Cleveland, Atlanta so I guess they like to attract the 7pm crowd.

I was told WXIA will not bring back it 5pm news broadcast and it seems to be a Gannett thing to have Ellen @4, Dr. Phil @ 5, and many of their stations doing 7pm news.. D.C, Columbia, SC, Cleveland, Atlanta so I guess they like to attract the 7pm crowd.

Greensboro (WFMY) is the exception; after Ellen, it's the news from 5-6:30 and Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy at 7:00.

Won't happen...WSB has already acquired the right to the Dr. Oz show from WAGA to air the show at 3PM starting in September.

IDK why not? They are struggling to beat WAGA in ratings most time slots. They need to stop with the solo anchor setup and go back to having 2 permanent anchors on air and bring back their 5PM newscast. Also for the love of God, move the Andy Griffith Show to WATL where it belongs. It makes no sense for the NBC affiliate in 9th largest market in the nation to air that show at all.

In Seattle, Gannett station KING 5 airs local news 4:30a - 7:00a, 7:00a - 9:00a (On sister station KONG), 12:00p - 1:00p, 5:00p - 6:00p, 6:30p - 7:30p, 9:00p - 11:00p (on sister station KONG) & 11:00p - 11:35p.

Nigthly news airs at 6:00p

Dr. Phil airs at 2:00p

Katie airs at 3:00p

Ellen airs at 4:00p.

Not sure what the station will air at 3 once Katie goes off the air.

Re: WFMY, for how much longer though? Do either WXII or WGHP run a 7 pm newscast, so would it be beneficial for WFMY to run the news then instead?

No; WXII -- a Hearst station, nonetheless -- has Inside Edition and Entertainment Tonight at 7:00 while Local TV's WGHP runs Extra and TMZ (following Access Hollywood at 6:30).

Also, I think Wheel and Jeopardy have been on WFMY since about the early '90s, though both shows also had scattered runs on WXII and WGHP.

I don't see WCNC giving up Jeopardy to air news at 7. Not without a sister station to move it to like WXIA to WATL in Atlanta. Jeopardy has been on WCNC since 1992 I believe and Wheel of Fortune has been on there since 1996.

Archived