Seattle: KOMO news helicopter crashes and burns, killing 2

Samantha

Weather has already been ruled out as a possible factor in the crash. The only two causes that stand out now (at least to me) as a cause would be pilot error or an equipment malfunction.

While watching KOMO's coverage online, they did point out this accident happening not too long (a little over a year) since Kathi Goertzen died, losing one colleague is tough. The station has now lost three in the course of less than two years, all while still working at KOMO.

First of all, all my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the two men who suddenly had their lives cut short. Also they go out to the KOMO newsroom who is undoubtedly having a tough time today and losing one colleague is enough. Godspeed to everyone there.

(I'm kind of wondering whether or not Sinclair 'cursed' KOMO.)

Really? This is not the time for that...

I feel horrible for the entire news staff, especially those who saw the crash unfold right before their eyes. I have no idea how they could even maintain composure under such circumstances.

Making a jab at their ownership because of this will be "too soon" twenty lifetimes from now.

I feel horrible for the entire news staff, especially those who saw the crash unfold right before their eyes. I have no idea how they could even maintain composure under such circumstances.

Making a jab at their ownership because of this will be "too soon" twenty lifetimes from now.

EXACTLY. I may not like Sinclair, but that does not matter right now. What does is that two people died and the entire Seattle news community has been shaken today.

I caught bit and pieces of the KOMO News Radio stream since the accident happened right outside of their window. You could tell just by how they were talking that they were shellshocked and still trying to grasp what they just saw. The KOMO TV stream was so uncomfortable to watch because those anchors couldn't stop from tearing up (which is understandable given what happened).

That said, the fact the KOMO News team still managed to cover this story even after all of that is amazing and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone out there.

anyone that didn't get around to see komo live coverage of the tragedy, here are fuller clips to grasp such sadness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4gLrH6_So part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXQx5XZruhU part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KLjSk2W_Ts part 3

hearing dan lewis crying, the other time he was crying was when kathi goertzen died, was quite gripping.

Archived