Ben Sheerwood to replace Anne Sweeney

MorningNews

I would imagine so, the person to replace Iger is the one that will set the tone.

Exactly. I mean, Sweeney hasn't really done a bad job if you look at her tenure across the board, and frankly, I only dislike Sherwood for what he's done to 'World News'. Most of his other moves in the news division have either not bothered me or have even been welcomed.

Exactly. I mean, Sweeney hasn't really done a bad job if you look at her tenure across the board, and frankly, I only dislike Sherwood for what he's done to 'World News'. Most of his other moves in the news division have either not bothered me or have even been welcomed.

I would imagine the slow downsizing of the station operations (which are bigger than most owners and they know that) will continue unchecked.

See pages 6, 7, 9 & 10 of "The Definitive ABC7 Thread". He thinks John Idler kisses her ass and that she is just as culpable as Idler for the changes that he hates at WLS. Also called her a dumbass on a couple of occasions and said she is purposely running it into the ground. They are some epic rants if you need a laugh.

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/topic/12805-the-definitive-abc-7-thread/page-6?hl=%2Brebecca+%2Bcampbell&do=findComment&comment=94890

Hopefully this will give you the highlighted areas as I pulled the link from a search for her name on the site. Circleseven can explain further what his ongoing gripes are about something that hasn't really done anything but spruce up a stale and boring product.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived