Former KGO anchor Carolyn Johnson joining KNBC

jtgh922

I agree. I cannot believe Whit left CBS and moved across the country to anchor one newscast, and the noon show at that!

Well Rob Schmitt left KCBS and anchoring 3 shows(sometimes 5 if you count KCAL9) on the weekends to anchoring just the noon show at WNBC.

Well Rob Schmitt left KCBS and anchoring 3 shows(sometimes 5 if you count KCAL9) on the weekends to anchoring just the noon show at WNBC.

Yeah but I feel like that's different. I believe Chuck S is closer to retirement and that Tom and Rob will likely take over his shifts once that happens. Also, WNBC already has Tom. Chuck H on the other hand looks like he could anchor for a while yet, and KNBC doesn't have any other male weeknight anchor.

I agree. I cannot believe Whit left CBS and moved across the country to anchor one newscast, and the noon show at that!

Well, he has stability in that he can settle down in LA with his family instead of constantly traveling to cover stories. Plus, I suspect that he is making more as an anchor at KNBC than he was as a CBS correspondent. Also, his wife is a weekend anchor at KCBS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Carolyn made her anchoring debut this past Friday on the noon news. However this week she's filling in for Colleen on the 5 & 11 shows in addition to her normal timeslot at 6. Daniella or Kathy so far have been filling in for Carolyn on the noon show. Carolyn's normal time slot is noon & 6 PM.

Archived