The Fox Fresh 5?

Dk_mediaNYC

All I know is I love when Christina is on. I really hope when Ernie retires that she takes the 6pm. She is fantastic.

It is strange that everyone was off.. Steve, Ernie and Nick… It almost makes me wonder IF something is happening behind the scenes...

Ernie was on the air tonight. I saw him anchoring.

I don't feel this experiment will be anything like WPIX at all, or at least let's hope. I think this will actually help Fox 5 more than harm them. Unless WPIX makes drastic changes (bringing Jim Watkins back to the station, adding Kaity back to weekdays, demoting Tamsen and Suki, etc.) I think WPIX will stay the way it is. Fox 5, I feel, is becoming a better station as the years progress. However, I wish they chose to get rid of Dari, that needs to be the first order of business IMHO. But this is a step in the right direction IMO.

Speaking of Dari does anyone have the same feeling that Dari has a chip on her shoulder all the time

This should be designed for an earlier newscast (like the 4pm and I'm not saying they should have an earlier newscast). 6pm is one of your prime newscasts that should have a hard news format. Not saying to eliminate the bantering, but having those kinds of element's that's mostly designed for an earlier newscasts, I'm not sure if many folks would be glued to your news.

Well, we'll see what happens.

Watching the new 6 pm broadcast and its kinda nice. I think making the Good Day couch set look like Ernie's office by adding lamps, an office desk and pictures is kinda over kill. The interview is kinda refreshing at night time. I hope they still use the cool camera angeles that they used when Steve hosted the show.

It has a very "summer" feel to it, which I like. Not saying "turn it on now, it's amazing", but I'm kind of impressed. It's around 6:11, and Anastos is already sitting on his desk. So you can tell they're trying to be very layed back. Also, although I don't see it happening, is this a preview of new graphics for Fox 5?

wnyw-new-graphics.jpg

Interesting format. I guess Fox is trying to be different in the news formats since local news apparently is a commoditized business.

WFXT here in the Boston area has changed their 5:00 format within the last few months with a format of local sit down political stories and discussions. Their problem is they don't have a good sit in area like the other O&Os because their set is the lifesized newsplex. They do have that second/third floor mezzaine they could use again.

Anyways back to NYC, be very interesting how this format works and be a ratings ad/disvantage.

Archived