Six vs. Seven (or: WPVI and WABC)

Jess

So WKBW has to pay ABC royalties to run MCTYW? Or Mayoham? Just curious...

I remember reading on Wikipedia how WPVI changed to a boomier, drumless version of MCTYW and viewers were bitching about it big time. Changing the music completely would probably cause rioting in Philly. :rolleyes:

Well, this million-dollar revamp of MCTYW by the London Philharmonic only lasted five days on air.

[yt]Xvbj1webD1w[/yt]

Out of the two I pick WABC (for the best) as someone said it [WPVI] looks garish - I'd go a step further and say it's gaudy. And regarding the powerful graphics systems I have to say just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it.

I've never been one for those weather animations that are provided by AccuWeather and WSI because I think they look very cheap regardless of whether or not they are rendered live or prerecorded. Second I've never seen any issues of lag time locally with those animations which are rendered live. I just find them ugly and flat.

Probably because they realize that a "one size fits all" approach does not always work. Each station should have a different flavor. Each city is different.

So I guess the station's that wants a different flavor believe in Mister Rogers' narcissistic enabling theme song called You Are Special? And the similar one from Barney & Friends?

I say this for a group policy. No Station is Special. We have a Zero Tolerance for being "different"!

my goodness some people. damn those types of CSDs to hell.

Archived