WFLD realigning morning anchors

JoseRM303

That's...wow.

I'm actually impressed. McPherrin and Hill likely won't move the needle (much), but I commend them for promoting (or in Corey's case, reinstated) familiar, competent talent to the main morning show. I'm still probably not going to watch, but if the opportunity presented itself, I wouldn't think twice before checking them out.

Darlene has been a defacto anchor on the show for months, so they are finally making it official. Given the demotion and likely future firing of Alexa Helms, the move to weekends for Natalie make sense.

Okay, it says that Corey and Dar will anchor "through" the 9am hour. I'm sorry, it's just not clicking for me...will the two be on for 2 or 3 hours in the morning? I know they've been doing the last hour til now, but still...

Okay, it says that Corey and Dar will anchor "through" the 9am hour. I'm sorry, it's just not clicking for me...will the two be on for 2 or 3 hours in the morning? I know they've been doing the last hour til now, but still...

I think it means they (John, Mel, Corey and Dar) will all appear during that hour. Currently, Corey and Dar lead things, but others like Mark, Tammie, etc... also contribute as well. Guess we won't know until Monday what the adjusted format will be.

The way I'm understanding it is Jon & Melody will anchor the early morning half (4:30a - 7:00a), while Corey & Darlene will take over the later morning half (7:00a - 10:00a)

Whoops, that's what I was trying to remember, that's what the article says at least.

Feder had the story this morning, the first local voice I've seen mention the shift change. He's saying that Corey and Dar will be on from 7-9, with no mention of the 9am hour. Confirmed: Corey and Darlene will anchor from 7-10.

Paywall Summary: Long story short, the article talks about how McPherrin seemed to be going the route of Davlantes, Sirott, and Robinson before him, but seeing how desperate management is, his unintended presence on GDC has made his talent stand out amongst a parade of nobodies and losers (my word, not Feder's).

Feder had the story this morning, the first local voice I've seen mention the shift change. He's saying that Corey and Dar will be on from 7-9, with no mention of the 9am hour. Confirmed: Corey and Darlene will anchor from 7-10.

Paywall Summary: Long story short, the article talks about how McPherrin seemed to be going the route of Davlantes, Sirott, and Robinson before him, but seeing how desperate management is, his unintended presence on GDC has made his talent stand out amongst a parade of nobodies and losers (my word, not Feder's).

Has his writing or depth increased at all in quality or substance? 32 is very desperate, I'm halfway surprised they even do news anymore.

Robert's articles about the same length, posted about once a day. Nothing's really changed, but I just don't know what a non-subscriber sees when the visit the homepage/click on an article.

The same thing as before but clicking on it to view beyond the first bit of text causes tribune to beg you for money. The summaries are very helpful.

Archived