Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

I loved that weekend team. Jackie, Bob, Jim, Rich. THE weekend team to watch in Chicago.

I always watched the News at Nine on Sundays on WGNA while I was away from Chicago, especially the Sunday 9pm newscasts. Instant Replay is basically unwatchable online now because it's blacked out for most of the show.

Part of me wonders when Dan Roan will hang it up.

• Like 1

I always watched the News at Nine on Sundays on WGNA while I was away from Chicago, especially the Sunday 9pm newscasts. Instant Replay is basically unwatchable online now because it's blacked out for most of the show.

Part of me wonders when Dan Roan will hang it up.

Or Skilling. Not that I want either to retire now.

Feder hinted this morning that there will be another retirement announcement in Chicago media by the end of the year. Whether or not it's someone from WGN is unclear. There admittedly isn't a long list of retirement-aged personalities left among the 5 stations, so it might be quick to predict, unless, of course, it's someone from behind the scenes, print, or radio.

Something you don't see everyday...Amy Rutledge anchored the first 30 minutes of the 4 o'clock news today with Ben, but was losing her voice. It was so bad that the 4:30 half hour had Jackie Bangs coming out of the bullpen. Weeknight Jackie doesn't happen often enough.

Something you don't see everyday...Amy Rutledge anchored the first 30 minutes of the 4 o'clock news today with Ben, but was losing her voice. It was so bad that the 4:30 half hour had Jackie Bangs coming out of the bullpen. Weeknight Jackie doesn't happen often enough.

Apparently Amy was slated to fill-in for Lourdes and Micah all night. Jackie continues with the 5pm hour in for Micah.

It's kind of funny how dedicated they are to the incomplete talent bumps. Back when everybody did talent bumps, most stations wouldn't air one if they had a vacancy on a particular newscast.

Oh, you mean like how channel 7 is missing 7 (soon to be 9) of their 14 talent rejoins? :D

• Like 3

Are they really? Which ones still exist?

The 11a, 5p, and weekend 5, 6 & 10. The 6 and 7p will go away with Jerry. They shot those new opens nearly a year ago, but without Sanders, Jordan, Rivera, and a future meteorologist.