Buzzr TV: A new Game Show Diginet.

CircleSeven

Oh yes, another digital subchannel focused on a type of show(s) and in this case, game shows. I guess stations don't care about 24/7 weather coverage on TV anymore. I thought WeatherNation TV would catch fire like other digital subchannels, but I guess not. It's still struggling to capture affiliates as of this post and right now, I don't know if 24/7 local weather coverage on a digital subchannel can survive anymore, since most have dropped it for either Antenna TV, Me-TV, etc.

KPHO and the rest of the Meredith chain sure love their weather subchannels. Even though they sure as heck don't know how or when to schedule those awful mandated "E/I" kids shows (it's 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon, and KPHO 5.2 weather is showing E/I. How inconvenient).

Not to mention Sinclair is slowly adding WeatherNation to their stations.

• 3 weeks later...

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/fremantlemedia-hits-on-buzzr-youtube-channel-with-classic-game-show-reboots-1201429965/

Expected launch date for Buzzr TV is May 31; the YouTube channel will be producing mini-editions of Family Feud, Password, Body Language and Celebrity Name Game, some of which may air on the TV channel as well.

• 4 months later...

Thought I bump this thread, as Buzzr launched June 1st, 2015. I'm impressed with it being true to its word and airing all classic game shows even in prime time. It's awesome to see the Richard Dawson Family Fued on the air again, and my personal favorite, Press Your Luck.

I'm enjoying Match Game '78 and Tattletales (the shows on when I'm home and awake...).

Some of the contestants on the show were clueless - one recent episode went 0-0 through both rounds and the "champ" won the tie breaker 1-0...

Tattletales was interesting in the first episode I caught: panelists were Bill Cullen and his wife, Allen Ludden and Betty White, and Chuck Woolery and then-wife Joann Pflug: including Bert Convy (the host), there were 5 game show hosts on the program at one time (although Chuck hadn't started Wheel of Fortune when this show was taped/aired.

My favorite line was from Betty White:

When asked "if a high school girl asks for the pill, would you approve her getting it?", to which Betty answered "Yes, you should give it to her, and he pill also..." This was back in early 74...

J

My favorite is Card Sharks. The one question is when is Buzzr going to air The Price is Right (Cullen or Barker). It would be nice that Buzzr can update is program schedule.

From what I've heard, no plans for TPIR right now, so as not to dilute the Drew Carey version on CBS - though they have no issue with the Monty Hall version of Let's Make A Deal... I'm guessing it's two things:

- Early half hour shows often gave away fur coats (from Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills); After Bob Barker became an animal rights activist, he didn't want the episodes aired (and thus Drew Carey still reminding everyone to have your pets spayed or neutered...)

- Other episodes are an hour long; so far they're sticking with half hour programs right now.

Also, they do include the in-show promotions/ads. The only thing I've seen "replaced" is the "Mark Goodson/Bill Todman" with the Fremantle Media ending... I give the network a big thumbs up!

J

From what I've heard, no plans for TPIR right now, so as not to dilute the Drew Carey version on CBS - though they have no issue with the Monty Hall version of Let's Make A Deal... I'm guessing it's two things:

- Early half hour shows often gave away fur coats (from Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills); After Bob Barker became an animal rights activist, he didn't want the episodes aired (and thus Drew Carey still reminding everyone to have your pets spayed or neutered...)

- Other episodes are an hour long; so far they're sticking with half hour programs right now.

Also, they do include the in-show promotions/ads. The only thing I've seen "replaced" is the "Mark Goodson/Bill Todman" with the Fremantle Media ending... I give the network a big thumbs up!

J

GSN stopped airing TPIR years ago, maybe 10 or so. There was some sort of a disagreement with carriage rights and such, so they stopped altogether.

Archived