Vice to launch daily newscast for HBO

Glimmer

Wow, didn't expect this. After they tried, then walked away from HLN, looks like they still needed an outlet stateside. I don't think HBO has ever really aired news; I think I heard somewhere that CNN International was simulcasted on Cinemax during 9/11, but other that that, the only thing I can think of was the old All-News Channel

Well, this is interesting.

HBO already has the weekly series and it's fine if just the weekly series had expanded, but this is crazy.

But this organization is very good with its content from what I've seen of it, and more of this is fantastic.

This will bring VICE to the forefront of news and HBO will become even more respected with its news programming and content than it is now (its documentary programming and John Oliver included, along with Bill Maher, depending on your view of him)

Well, this is interesting.

HBO already has the weekly series and it's fine if just the weekly series had expanded, but this is crazy.

But this organization is very good with its content from what I've seen of it, and more of this is fantastic.

This will bring VICE to the forefront of news and HBO will become even more respected with its news programming and content than it is now (its documentary programming and John Oliver included, along with Bill Maher, depending on your view of him)

Well Bill Maher was the person who brought Vice to HBO in the first place and his production company produces the content. Some of their stories are very fascinating and I love that it airs uncensored. They pretty much have carte blanche in regards to content.

I think I will watch the shows whenever there is something interesting. It's not the type of show that I would watch pretty much regardless (like Rock Centre.)

Well Bill Maher was the person who brought Vice to HBO in the first place and his production company produces the content. Some of their stories are very fascinating and I love that it airs uncensored. They pretty much have carte blanche in regards to content.

I think I will watch the shows whenever there is something interesting. It's not the type of show that I would watch pretty much regardless (like Rock Centre.)

Cool, I didn't know that. Mad respect to him on that front.

I don't watch it that much either, but it's always an amazing and fascinating show when I do.

I stand corrected I am not sure if it was Bill Maher who brought it to HBO. The show was created by Shane Smith who was the founder of Vice and the host of the show. Bill Mahera is the EP and his production company produces the show along with Vice.

Archived