WHDH in Hot Water After Following Jurors at Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

rkolsen

Ok so continue your lynchmob mentality. Would you feel this upset if WCVB or WBZ did the same practice?

Yes, I would have.

With all do respect to Ms. Rooney, I disagree. This gentleman decided to walk a fine line in an attempt to maybe get a "scoop" later. And, he ended up crossing that line in my book.

I agree with your comments. If the jurors want to talk to the media they will find their way.

What's more surprising here is that WGBH has a news division; I thought they stopped when they decided to end their 10PM news back in 1991.

Nope. WGBH had to deliver news for their NPR station on 89.7 FM. Plus, WGBH collaborates with PRI for "The World."

What's more surprising here is that WGBH has a news division; I thought they stopped when they decided to end their 10PM news back in 1991.

It was revived in the late '90s when Rooney launched "Greater Boston." It expanded in 2009 when WGBH-FM transitioned to its current news/talk format.

You've got to be kidding me! I can't get why you're so suprised. They have a news operation for both the local TV and radio stations that apparently share the same initials of like 90% of the PBS lineup.

BTW, I didn't want to appear to be name calling, but I sometimes refer Emily "Daughter of the Late Andy" Rooney.

It was revived in the late '90s when Rooney launched "Greater Boston." It expanded in 2009 when WGBH-FM transitioned to its current news/talk format.

Want to really date oneself? IIRC in between Greater Boston/Beat The Press (the Friday show) and The Ten O' Clock News was show called The Group??? It was show where people sat in a studio and chatted about issues for 28 straight minutes uncut without any moderator and the panel was introduced and the show closed out by a scrolling Chyron.

Archived