Tapper Tapped for CNN's 'State of The Union'

24994J

First off, genius header. If I met you, I'd give you a high five on the spot.

Tapper is the perfect host for the show, just like he would've been for "This Week", before ABC passed him over. Also, I'm happy he'll still anchor The Lead. I honestly enjoy watching as I find it one of the bright spots on the Weekday schedule. It's clear that Tapper is one of the big shots at CNN and this new gig solidifies that.

Comes on the same day that this was reported about him: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/cnns-jake-tapper-apologizes-after-comments-on-white-house-wsj/261317

Never cared for the guy. Too left leaning. Also, in his coverage of the 2008 presidential campaign, it was ABUNDANTLY clear who his allegiance was with. I get that journalists have opinions too, but you should not let it interfere with your supposedly unbiased coverage of an election.

Jake Tapper is a great reporter and anchor. When he was at ABC, he was one of the only White House correspondents who would actually ask real questions of the Obama administration. I hardly think he leans left in his coverage.

Archived