OMG.....the changes! Read Huff's column

canitgetanyworse

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke! These are awful changes... Chris and Kristine would barely anchor weekend mornings at any other station in NYC, but at CBS 2 they are lead anchors? I can't say I'm surprised... I knew this would eventually happen.

The biggest joke of all is that they are probably being moved because of the increased ratings at 5pm, but the reality is that a lot of the increase at 5pm is due to having Judge Judy as the lead-in, NOT because Chris and Kristine's "amazing" anchoring.

Thats is so funny, I am cracking up. Chris and Krisitine LOL. Please help me I cant control myself. I give it 2 months then Dana and Jim will return at 11. What a joke.

Look at this quote "We've had a tremendous amount of pop at 5," Dunn said. "I think they're experienced enough to move on and make this happen"

We all know that Pop is because of Judge Judy. Look at the noon numbers thats awful.

Here we go another chapter of channel 2.

Here's hoping Kristine gets pregnant again so I can maybe tolerate Wragge solo some late nights.

Jim Rosenfield is learning a hard lesson about leaving instability to go to a very stable station and then taking more money and returning to that same place where the only thing stable is the building he works in. He was supposed to be the face of CBS2. He must not be happy. Unless this will allow him more happiness being in the field more and traveling to avoid being in the building.

With Dana it doesn't matter. She has been in this position before and when things go wrong she will be back anchoring 11pm again.

The only positive is signing Dr. Max Gomez. Please channel 2 - pony up some of the cash you have been saving( or should I say dip into the Roz Abrams vault) and get rid of Dr. Holly Philipps - one of the worst on air people in the market.

OK...count me amongst the former Wragge Detractors who are now fans-but COME ON!!! Jim Rosenfield is a local news god!!! This is just the latest chapter in the novel entitled CBS2 Stupidity. Wragge is the perfect noon and 5 anchor, but does not have the gravitas for the hard news at 11. Come ON!!!

Noooo!!!! Shit again!!! Damn you Peter and David, now the 11PM broadcasts will be even more boring! Kristine doesn't deserve a shit. to be at 11PM, neither Chris. I really wish now that Jim & Dana get out of WCBS and move to a station that appreciates their talent. ANd QWERTYWCBS is right, he predicted it.

Have faith my fellow news people Lonnie Quinn didnt make it through a week being lead weatherman it is only time when Dana and Jim will reign again. I cant help myself but to laugh.

Well you have a point. They won't make it. Kristine's need to be at home breastfeeding her baby and hubby might not be happy with Kristine's promotion. I hope Dana & Jim get the spot in 4 days. And the bio's haven't been updated yet.

I bet Roz is home laughing...laughing all the way to the bank, as she still collects her check from CBS..

Well, when Roz & Jim were teamed together, the ratings were in the drain. The switch with Jim & Dana took them up a little bit. And Kristine talks way too much shit at Noon and 5PM, I don't want to imagine at 11PM.

What qwertywcbs mentioned a long time ago was correct. Dana and Jim weren't going to last long as the main anchors. This is quite shocking, and especially for Chris, from sports anchor, sports director, to anchor, anchoring for CBS news and now the main spot. But shouldn't WCBS be concerned that the ratings boost at 5pm with Chris/Kristine was really in part from Judge Judy?

Jim must be furious and Dana finding this out after her vacation. But you know what, I still think that Jim would get Chuck's spot on WNBC when he retires.

I bet Roz is home laughing...laughing all the way to the bank, as she still collects her check from CBS..

Well, when Roz & Jim were teamed together, the ratings were in the drain. The switch with Jim & Dana took them up a little bit. And Kristine talks way too much shit at Noon and 5PM, I don't want to imagine at 11PM.

I don't think it was her fault, it was the stiffness of Jim..Weren't Ratings up with her and Ernie? Better than what they are now..If I recall they were in the 6. and now they are in the 5.

Folks, WCBS-TV has not had decent ratings ever since they promoted Dana Tyler to weekdays. I'll say this over and over again. Every single newscast that Tyler has been on has never been rated number 1. Remember when Michele Marsh and Ernie Anastos anchored the 6 and 11. At least they had respectable ratings. Same was true when Carol Martin and Anastos anchored at 5. Also, does anybody else get the impression that she is nasty? Was posted on this board several months ago that she gloated when it was decided not to renew Cindy Hsu's contract (which since was deservedly renewed). Again, WCBS-TV...you want ratings? Get rid of Dana Tyler!!!!!

Folks, WCBS-TV has not had decent ratings ever since they promoted Dana Tyler to weekdays. I'll say this over and over again. Every single newscast that Tyler has been on has never been rated number 1. Remember when Michele Marsh and Ernie Anastos anchored the 6 and 11. At least they had respectable ratings. Same was true when Carol Martin and Anastos anchored at 5. Also, does anybody else get the impression that she is nasty? Was posted on this board several months ago that she gloated when it was decided not to renew Cindy Hsu's contract (which since was deservedly renewed). Again, WCBS-TV...you want ratings? Get rid of Dana Tyler!!!!!

She seems like she's nasty...I remember when Roz first came to 2..the way she welcomed her was just soo cold and nasty..

And that won't happen because Dana has more seniority than Cindy. And it's not fault of Dana Tyler, it's the fault of the Management team. Let's see if Dana worked for WABC, would they slip from #1 because the problem is Dana Tyler, I don't think so. Of course she would be nasty with Roz, Doctor took her out from the 11PM duties and be only at 6PM, and if she is nasty, so what? She ain't nasty. I bet if you were in her position, you would've done the same thing.

If you dislike an anchor or reporter, please state the reasons and don't make silly remarks about their family situation. You can use this forum to criticize their performance on the air but I think it is quite crude to say you hope a female anchor gets pregnant so she leaves the air.

I do agree that many good anchors and reporters at WCBS-TV have been let go while some mediocre people have been promoted. They seem to want to take a tabloid approach to the news and let go of some people with journalistic savvy in favor of others who or bland and nondescript.

Wragge is perhaps the stiffest, least interesting and dynamic person to ever work the anchor desk in the New York market.

There is no reason why he should have an anchoring job here, much less be part of an A-team at one of the major three affils (WWOR, maybe, but WCBS?). None.

Truly a shameful decision at WCBS. Jensen should be rolling in his grave.

Peter: Hi I am Peter Dunn

David: And I am David Friend

And we are cbs2idiots

We put our most inexperience team at CBS2 and all of NYC at 11 against the powerhouse and big names of Chuck and Sue, Bill and Liz. We will deliver the same CBS2 News at Noon results at at 11. We promise.

Peter: Hi I am Peter Dunn

David: And I am David Friend

And we are cbs2idiots

We put our most inexperience team at CBS2 and all of NYC at 11 against the powerhouse and big names of Chuck and Sue, Bill and Liz. We will deliver the same CBS2 News at Noon results at at 11. We promise.

LMAO, GOOD ONE. Hulkie, have you seen Sean Hennessey, he is stiff, least interesting and dynamic perosn along with Deborah Garcia on the #1 market. And yes, Jensen must be rolling on his grave.

And today, Jim wasn't at 6PM, Mary Calvi was at 5PM. Did Dana anchored today?

Archived