OMG.....the changes! Read Huff's column

canitgetanyworse

Who knows what is next, at this rate Dana and Jim might be history come fall.

Or they might move Jim and Dana to the mornings and Kate and Maurice to the noon and 6pm newscasts.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows what is next, at this rate Dana and Jim might be history come fall.

Or they might move Jim and Dana to the mornings and Kate and Maurice to the noon and 6pm newscasts.

Haha... that's definitely next. I'm very surprised with this latest shakeup Kate didn't get promoted. They seem to love her.

Well hopefully the news at noon will get higher ratings, that's the one positive. Dana's pretty good at noon as well from when I've seen her there.

Yeah, I hope for Dana and Jim's sake that they can bring it back to number 1....

but that could turn around and bite them if the 11pm doesn't go down... Dunn said they are trying to find the right timeslots for their anchor teams....

I always wonder when things like this happen... what is the competition saying? Like Chuck and Sue for example have watched the 11pm news at CBS 2 go through close to 2 dozen different teams during their tenure (probably an underestimate). Dana has been their one consistent competitor. Roz and Jim both come to CBS 2 for the 11pm, both lose it. But I wonder sometimes if the competing. anchors talk and communicate with each other. Sue loved Jim, and I wouldn't be surprised if shes upset he's on at noon now, even though her competition just got so much weaker. I really also wouldn't be surprised if Bill/Liz/Chuck/Sue all felt bad for Dana too... just watching her get pushed off the 11pm yet again. CBS 2's ratings don't budge no matter who anchors... so the competition I doubt is celebrating two incompetent people taking over.

This is such a blow to the quality of New York news, even with WCBS being less-tabloid (overall) compared to past regimes... WNYW makes the market look bad, WNBC's News 4 You is fluff, WWOR is a joke with Vanessa doing weather.

There really is no hope for WCBS. In the next two years, a complete management overhaul will occur again, and they will somehow be worse than the previous. Thats how it works.

Personally, I miss Joel Cheatwood. The Information Network may have been a failure... but he's the only person to put a real effort into what this station looked like. Nicest studio/set they've ever had. Some of the best graphics (with the exception of April 2006-August 2006), and some of the most missed talent (Mike Pomeranz, Todd McDermott, Lisa Hill, Cindy Hsu [as a weekday anchor], Ernie Anastos... and even Angela Rae to an extent). He may have pushed the best lead anchor WCBS has seen in a decade out the door (Stephen Clark), and made a fool of the station with weak programing (New York Live!, dumping of Judge Judy), but the man tried. Dianne messed things up (her set, the graphics she had that managed to last her entire tenure, her expensive hires [Roz Abrams, Jim Ryan, Dave Price], her too large of an anchor pool [Roz, Dana, Jim Rosenfield, Ernie, Mike, Todd, Cindy, Lisa, Shon, Mario, Jim Ryan, Reid Lamberty, Mary Calvi, Maurice]). Joel at least corrected his mistake before he left (Dana was doing the 11pm before he was "promoted" out of the station). Peter Dunn came in and made genius improvements (dumping of Shame on You!, Eat at your own risk) and put together WONDERFUL anchor teams at his first attempt... and also done a hell of a job with graphics and modifying Dianne's sets. Now him and David Friend have lost control. The sports department is the one decent looking department the station has. Weather... they have Lonnie and Elliott... horrendous. The lead anchor team has rhyming names! Dana Tyler and Jim Rosenfield are doing the noon news. Noon is a fluffcast with two serious anchors who have proven themselves serious. Put them on at 5pm too if you want them to fluff. 6pm is hard news. The 11pm news might as well rename themselves "Entertainment Late Night". The reporting team also is horrendous and filled with outsiders. Hazel Sanchez, Brendan Keefe and Lou Young are the THREE allstar CBS 2 general assignment reporters. Lou took a pay cut. And the three of them will probably be seen more at noon now so that the newcomers (Dave Carlin, Elizabeth Hurr, Sean Hennesey, Deborah Garcia, and Tanya Rivera) can "shine" at 11 with Chris and Kristine.

So Chris, how does it feel to have replaced Warner Wolf, Roz Abrams, Jim Rosenfield AND Dana Tyler? I doubt you and Dana will be doing as much golfing together as you did in the past. Maybe you should stand up to your boss and tell him that you don't want to keep taking everyone's jobs and that you really aren't qualified to do the lead news show for the station... considering 8 months ago you were doing sports and 6 years ago entertainment. And Kristine, nobody knew you existed 8 months ago because no one was up at 4am to watch you do NATIONAL news. Local is a bit different. Try some experience. Now that you've delivered, you don't slur your words nearly as much.... but you're still not worth it. Your hair was up in a ponytail earlier in the week. What--- bad hair day? Baby throw up on it?

I just hope Kristine Johnson follows the footsteps of Angela Rae. Comes to the station as noon and 5, leaves as 4:30/5:30 and 11 anchor... letting Dana return to the 11pm. Dana said it herself in an interview when she was honored by McDonalds earlier this year... that she's loyal to the station through thick and thin.

querty- you are either a very lonely pathetic man, or just fucked up.. you should read some of the ignorant crap you write, you should be ashamed!

CBS2 is a once again a profit machine, give whomever you want credit, or dont for that matter, but stick to what you know best, which is obviously not much.

Chris and Kristine might not have the "experience" YOU desire, but both are better viewing options than Roz, Dana, and Jim. All of CBS's upticks are on shows they co-anchor, the 11 has failed month in and month out, why not give it a shot.

As far as your personal affront to the people Wragge has replaced, its a businesss dipshit, we all go thru it... its not like the guy lobbied for this job, if anything, it cuts into his network profile. then again, maybe he did lobby for it... the guy is a winner, like him or not.

As far as your critique of Kristine, you must be really knockin' the ladies dead!!, laughable, your vitriol towards women, dont tell me, you cant stand Katie Couric either b/c she's too Perky!!

Even as early as it is now, people in my newsroom think the move is a good idea, as do most who know a thing or two about viewership.

Hey Im home in the days so I can at least watch the noon newscast. They should have waited to switch the 11pm team since all the network lost viewers during May sweeps.

Querty I wouldnt feel bad for Dana after working there for so many years she knows that its business and you have to fight for survival in this business especially working at WCBS. This is nothing new to her. She as been promoted and demoted many times so she knows that she can be demoted again.

Dana and Jim will be back at 11 one day. They always go back to Dana and I know they will go back to Jim.

CBS2 is not looking to come in 2nd they want to be 1st so if they find people better than Kristine and Chris to bring up the ratings, they will be out of the door. If Chuck and Sue newscasts was coming dead last, seniority or not they would be out the door but may be in a decent way, force retirement. Its the news business.

Querty its just business so I dont see the reason you should be upset. Hey at least Jim and Dana didnt get an email saying they dont have a job. Just imagine how Roz feel.

querty- you are either a very lonely pathetic man, or just fed up.. you should read some of the ignorant crap you write, you should be ashamed!

no lonely--- just pissed off. and i'm not ashamed of what i said.

Chris and Kristine might not have the "experience" YOU desire, but both are better viewing options than Roz, Dana, and Jim. All of CBS's upticks are on shows they co-anchor, the 11 has failed month in and month out, why not give it a shot.

experience SHOULD take dominance over anything else in this market. and neither are better viewing options than roz, dana, and jim. i was never a fan of roz at 11, loved her at noon and 5... and shes 99999999 times better than kristine.

Even as early as it is now, people in my newsroom think the move is a good idea, as do most who know a thing or two about viewership.

what newsroom might this be?

Well put, Jetfan. I think someone forgot to take his meds.

i don't take meds.

Querty its just business so I dont see the reason you should be upset. Hey at least Jim and Dana didnt get an email saying they dont have a job. Just imagine how Roz feel.

i'm upset because i'm tired of watching the station i have always been loyal to continue to screw over its staff and itself. poor business move on their part. very poor.

querty- you are either a very lonely pathetic man, or just fed up.. you should read some of the ignorant crap you write, you should be ashamed!

no lonely--- just pissed off. and i'm not ashamed of what i said.

experience SHOULD take dominance over anything else in this market. and neither are better viewing options than roz, dana, and jim. i was never a fan of roz at 11, loved her at noon and 5... and shes 99999999 times better than kristine.

what newsroom might this be?

Well put, Jetfan. I think someone forgot to take his meds.

i don't take meds.

i'm upset because i'm tired of watching the station i have always been loyal to continue to screw over its staff and itself. poor business move on their part. very poor.

Its stink to work for CBS2 but just have faith. Im looking forward for July sweep hoping the 11pm newscasts bombs and for them to gain viewers at noon.

Thinking about it Dana and Jim is in a lot of trouble the reason is that the price is right is going to lose viewers no matter who host it since Bob Barker retires. Trust me TPIR wont be the same. But the idiots at CBS2 wont know it and think its the anchors performance.

Let's take a look at this problem from the management's perspective though. Dana and Jim was given more than a year to improve ratings and well, they remained stagnant. Let's forget about Chris/Krisine for now, what would you do if you were management?

They lifted the ratings from 6th place to 5th place at 11PM. When Roz & Jim were at 11 the ratings dipped even more. So, Jim & Dana has lifted a little bit the ratings, not the spectacular to 1st like Dunn wants. The management is desperate. But when Peter was at KYW, when he teamed up Alycia Lane & Larry Mendte, he cutted a lot of slack to them, more than he has gave Jim & Dana. And guess what, he didn;t demoted Alycia and Larry, he let them there. The problem with Dunn/Friend is that they think that CBS 2 can kick's ABC7 & NBC4's ass in the 11 o clock news and that's bullshit. Chuck & Sue have been there since the 80's. Even though Bill & Liz are together since 2003, WABC had the benefit of Bill B. to chose his replacement and the main thing is consistency. If Dunn let Dana & Jim for 4 years straight, I can bet you NYers would realize that for the first time, CBS 2 is having consistency. And in what newsroom are you working jetfan?

Mark my words, the July sweeps are going to be a disaster for CBS 2.

I got to think positive and say at least Dana and Jim have a regular working schedule so they get to go home early. I have to say this to feel better. Kristine on the other hand have two young children so I know it cant be easy to have that late night schedule.

I got to think positive and say at least Dana and Jim have a regular working schedule so they get to go home early. I have to say this to feel better. Kristine on the other hand have two young children so I know it cant be easy to have that late night schedule.

Haha. I actually thought about that with Kristine. She also lives in Jersey.

Theres also a new promo showing off all the anchors and reporters. The reporters are running around with microphones and Dana/Jim and Kate/Maurice are at the desk anchoring... but Chris and Kristine show up in the last two seconds standing there smiling.

What a shame.

Guest localcelebrity2u

Jim wasnt there at Noon- I don't know what going on with that. Is Jim gone?

They did air this cool new promo... of all the reporters running around the city doing their job and the anchors at the desk. Chopper 2 and various CBS 2 ENG vans were also in the promo. It ended with Kristine and Chris smiling at the camera with a CBS 2 HDTV logo. It looked nice in HD.

Maybe Jim is on vacation or he did what Len Cannon did and run. I am sure Dana and Jim didnt know about the change until they saw the article on Thursday.

Well I think Dana would have mentioned him being off. I think he might be trying to leave... he did come to the station to do the 11pm. Maybe that was in his contract?

That's why it's such a risk working at WCBS. Where is he to go? There are no openings in NY. I think he's just on vacation.

If they really want you, stations create openings. Audrey gets kicked out at WCBS, WWOR fires Storm Field and hires her all within a week.

Odd week to take a vacation though? The day your demotion kicks in. And for Dana not to say "Good Afternoon, I'm Dana Tyler, Jim Rosenfield is off today" or "on assignment". On Friday's noon newscast Chris said "I'm Chris Wragge, Kristine Johnson has the day off."

Well, the bios have been updated.

I still can't get over this shock that a station in the number one market has a blond haired lead anchor. Whatever happen to the days of experience and old men sitting behind the desk?

Guest Junk Junk

Odd week to take a vacation though? The day your demotion kicks in. And for Dana not to say "Good Afternoon, I'm Dana Tyler, Jim Rosenfield is off today" or "on assignment". On Friday's noon newscast Chris said "I'm Chris Wragge, Kristine Johnson has the day off."

You are really grasping for straws on this one. All of this speculation is a bit too much to handle. He wasn't there - big deal. Unless the station announces something about his departure, then it's safe to assume that he's still a part of the team.

::)

Archived