OMG.....the changes! Read Huff's column

canitgetanyworse

Guest localcelebrity2u

Well, the bios have been updated.

I still can't get over this shock that a station in the number one market has a blond haired lead anchor. Whatever happen to the days of experience and old men sitting behind the desk?

Ummm... Theyr'e dead...(maybe) ???? Things change... and I feel it's better to have someone younger to be on the news.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Rosenfield again MIA on the Noon newscast. Dana said: Good afternoon, I'm Dana Tyler. We begin.... No mention of Jim. Did anyone catched the CBS 2 News at 6 to check if Jim was there today? And to answer localcelebrity2u, Jim is young, not 30'sh like Chris, to be exact, around 46 years old IIRC. It's better to watch Jim Rosenfield and Dana at 11PM, than Chris & Kristine. Too young to be at 11PM. Chris voice is way too annoying to be at 11 and Kristine is way too stupid making stupid comments. That's not what you do at the hotly contested 11 o clock news. So, Jim left on vacations or is he leaving for good?

Tonight at 6 they went straight into the news with no mention of Jim being off...Chris was filling in and made no mention...Interesting..It looks like the Roz situation all over again..

Yes. I think it's happening.

it's all about looks and demos in this industry, I mean any television station in the country would do that to win, so I really don't think it should be a shock to anyone out there that CBS 2 is doing anything and everything to win, even if that means putting a blond person in the lead anchor desk.... In any case I'm not trying to justify what CBS is doing I'm just saying that in a normal station that didn't change it's anchors every few weeks, but rather gradually it's not unusual to see a demo-topping anchor team go to a more powerful position (again normal, not just dependent on 1 period with a good lead-in from Judge Judy).

Interesting. Last night at 6pm Chris did mention that he was in for Jim, but when he did, Dana quickly and sharply looked at him after he said that.

Really?? I think we all know what's happening then..

Oh yes, NYNews, I thought, man, Dana must be pissed. She looked at him very very pissed. I think she looked at him even worse than she welcomed Roz in.

I was able to watch the new promos (which are really great by the way, especially the one with their news theme), but they all ended with Chris/Kristine. About Jim, is his contract over, and if he quits, does he forfeit pay? Dana actually has better chem with Chris. Dana has no choice but to stay. She's old and no other station wants her. I wonder when she said that she was loyal to them, does that mean she takes pay cuts to allow them to keep her on?

[added]

And the promo looks like a rip-off of the ones WNBC had a while back. You know the "It's just an ordinary day at Newschannel 4" one. Same style with the reporters running back and forth and even with the helicopter in the background. Just this time, Lou Young is behind the helicopter as opposed to the one on WNBC where Jim Rosenfield was standing behind one.

I was able to watch the new promos (which are really great by the way, especially the one with their news theme), but they all ended with Chris/Kristine. About Jim, is his contract over, and if he quits, does he forfeit pay? Dana actually has better chem with Chris. Dana has no choice but to stay. She's old and no other station wants her. I wonder when she said that she was loyal to them, does that mean she takes pay cuts to allow them to keep her on?

It can be interpretated in that way. Maybe KCBS would hire her, as Laura Diaz contract is up soon. According to wikipedia(not so reliable) her contract is up summer 2007. Would they hire Dana?

[added]

And the promo looks like a rip-off of the ones WNBC had a while back. You know the "It's just an ordinary day at Newschannel 4" one. Same style with the reporters running back and forth and even with the helicopter in the background. Just this time, Lou Young is behind the helicopter as opposed to the one on WNBC where Maurice Dubois was standing behind one.

Before Dunn became GM at KYW, he was at WNBC, so that explains a little bit.

It can be interpretated in that way. Maybe KCBS would hire her, as Laura Diaz contract is up soon. According to wikipedia(not so reliable) her contract is up summer 2007. Would they hire Dana?

I doubt KCBS would hire Dana. Don Corsini loves anchorwomen with fake boobs and lots of botox (hence...Laura Diaz and to some extent Mia Lee). Plus Corsini and ND Nancy Bauer Gonzalez are too stupid to hire good experienced talent. Which explains why the ratings are freefalling at the duopoly.

I doubt KCBS would hire Dana. Don Corsini loves anchorwomen with fake boobs and lots of botox (hence...Laura Diaz and to some extent Mia Lee). Plus Corsini and ND Nancy Bauer Gonzales are too stupid to hire good experienced talent. Which explains why the ratings are freefalling at the duopoly.

Well, KCAL 9 News at 10 beated KTLA, and let's leave that for the LA thread

I do not think Dana wants to leave New York. She lives in a very nice area in Connecticut, and is very involved with the arts.. especially theater.. which no one else can top.

See... my Jim speculation was not off, to the assholes who thought I was overreacting. Now all of you think that.

I also noticed how Chris yesterday at 6 did not dare say "I'll see you at 11" at the end of 6pm. You could tell he held back because Dana was next to him. But at 11pm he said "We'll see you tomorrow at 5". Dana and him though did definitely get along a lot better than i was expecting yesterday. I did not watch today.

Jim is still in the promos so I guess they are in contract negotiations. Thank God I dont watch CBS2 News at 11. I can stand Chris but that empty head beside him gets on my nerves. I notice at noon Dana is perky but at 6 she is not her normal self. I boycott CBS2 News at 5 and 11 until Dana and Jim returns at 11.

Doesn't anybody get the idea that when Kristine is not laughing at some stupid joke between stories that she looks and sounds like she is in terrible pain. She gets on my nerves. Just hearing that voice is like nails on a chalkboard!

The few newscasts streamed online that I have seen of WCBS, Kristine is no better an anchor than Big Bird. She is so bad that it is just like watching the Dr. Keith Ablow show...BORING!. She reminds me of Rebecca Gomez of FNC. When she was here in San Diego Rebecca would stumble and studder while reading the prompter...needless to say she was bad. This is how Kristine should open the 11pm newscast...duh...Hi? Im Kristiiiiiiiiiiine Johhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnson and I cannot read a prompter for Sh*t, we desperately thank you for watching CBS 2(if you are) cause no one will...oh yeah im stoopid. Chris...Duh.

Doesn't anybody get the idea that when Kristine is not laughing at some stupid joke between stories that she looks and sounds like she is in terrible pain. She gets on my nerves. Just hearing that voice is like nails on a chalkboard!

LOL its true.

Apparently there appears to be strong bitch fights at CBS 2. On the 6 o clock newscast, Wragge and Tyler were anchoring yet again, and after a story, as usual, Wragge said Thanks Tanya, Dana. He looked at Dana and she didn't looked at him, she kept going. So the things are getting hot there. I don't want to imagine if it was Empty Nappy Headed Johnson.

According to some friends who work at WCBS, Jim Rosenfield has been a no-show since hearing of his demotion. His agents are working out things with station management, but it appears as though he is looking to be bought out of his contract. Rosenfield feels screwed, and quite honestly, I can't blame the guy. He gave up a sure thing at WNBC for channel 2. No doubt, it was sheer stupidity on his part, but the dreams of becoming an 11PM anchor in New York can blind people.

I wouldn't count on seeing Rosenfield return to the airwaves on WCBS. There's a reason that Wragge isn't "in" for Jim Rosenfield at 6.

According to some friends who work at WCBS, Jim Rosenfield has been a no-show since hearing of his demotion. His agents are working out things with station management, but it appears as though he is looking to be bought out of his contract. Rosenfield feels screwed, and quite honestly, I can't blame the guy. He gave up a sure thing at WNBC for channel 2. No doubt, it was sheer stupidity on his part, but the dreams of becoming an 11PM anchor in New York can blind people.

I wouldn't count on seeing Rosenfield return to the airwaves on WCBS. There's a reason that Wragge isn't "in" for Jim Rosenfield at 6.

Sounds like something of the truth. I wonder if he learned his tactics from Roz. So, I guess this means new promos will feature Dana Tyler and oh lets see... rising star anchor at CBS 2... Sean Hennesey. Just the newscast I want to watch! He gives me more pain than Kristine. It would be nice to see them make Cindy the anchor alongside Dana though.

Yes, Jim is screwed by WCBS management. I feel sorry for him. Even though the move from NBC4 wasn't a good one, Jim has worked really hard to get the 11PM slot. Bullshit again from CBS 2. And I dont want to imagine, like qwertywcbs, a newscast with Hennesey. But they'll give the same thing to Cindy, the same shaft they have given Mary Calvi. Lot's of shit. I'd rather see Kate Sullivan at 11 than Empty Nappy headed 'ho Johnson. But I'd rather have Dana!

Archived