NEWS10 KXTV is now ABC 10!

Darius22

Very interesting. Will be curious to see if this is just a one-station thing with KXTV, or if TEGNA will slowly begin rebranding their stations to reflect the network affiliations.

(BTW, WKYC's "Channel 3" branding dates back to when NBC owned the station, and implemented that brand on most of their O&Os at the time.)

Very interesting. Will be curious to see if this is just a one-station thing with KXTV, or if TEGNA will slowly begin rebranding their stations to reflect the network affiliations.

(BTW, WKYC's "Channel 3" branding dates back to when NBC owned the station, and implemented that brand on most of their O&Os at the time.)

KYTX is already branded as CBS 19, but other than those two stations, I don't think Tegna will rebrand their stations as "network, channel #". By the way, KXTV's website URL has been updated to abc10.com and the website itself is updated so that their branding and their new slogan "Imagine Better" is on there.

Although if, for whatever reason, WFAA rebrands from News 8 to ABC 8, they may as well be sold to ABC by virtue of it being in DMA #5, though I'd prefer it to be rebranded as 8 News.

First of all, KXTV's new logo is so tacky, wish they get KGTV's logo. Second, Why can't KYTX uses WOIO's CBS 19 logo and re-brand back to CBS 19 Eyewitness News and finally, if WFAA wants to drop the News 8 name; nobody can't force the station.

And I still miss their previous news theme, if only they create This is Home (With the Spirit Signature).

"Imagine better"???? That slogan is horrid. I'm sure that will be the first thing to be dumped. I can imagine a better logo and slogan for them. Lol

The slogan reminds me of Syfy's "Imagine Greater" slogan (maybe, they copycatted it). Though I'm not sure KXTV's new slogan fits as a universal thing, maybe as a non-news promotional slogan.

"Imagine better"???? That slogan is horrid. I'm sure that will be the first thing to be dumped. I can imagine a better logo and slogan for them. Lol

Reminds me of WKYC's "See The Possible". Hey, at least they thought of something better than CYCCO or L,L,L-B.

And that logo is ten thousand times better than the s*** that Sinclair has made for some of its stations recently.

Maybe there's still some lingering affiliation confusion from when they were CBS? I know that was one reason why KYW went to "CBS 3", even though that was nearly a decade after the affiliation switch.

And that logo is ten thousand times better than the s*** that Sinclair has made for some of its stations recently.

Agreed. Its a simple, clean logo. If a few other TEGNA stations begin utilizing that design, I wouldn't complain.

"10 Connects?"
Imagine better will be dumped within a few years like "10 Connects" was because they both suck as slogans.

New evolution Ad.

Thanks for following the all-new #ABC10 on Instagram!

A photo posted by ABC10 (@abc10tv) on Aug 31, 2015 at 11:42am PDT

Where did they get the idea of putting a resemblance of the theory of evolution on their Instagram ad?

Agreed with the people who say viewers don't care -- they don't and won't be "confused."

Really plain looking logo though. It's not offensive looking like some of the recent Sinclair logo redesigns...just basic and uninspired.

I guess ABC isn't mandating that stations use the official stylized logo anymore? (Was that ever part of the deal? It seems like a lot of stations were switching from flat or colored variations of it [i.e. WPVI's red ABC ball] to the "official" logo)

"10 Connects" also served as WTSP's MAIN BRANDING.
It was dropped 2 years into the previous Gannett standardized graphics and reverted back into the current WTSP logo, and I think that at some point within a few years, provided the viewers still prefer the "News 10" branding, the "ABC 10" branding will get dropped and reverted back into "News 10".

"Bending Over For You".

(Rejected Media General branding 2003)

And we all know why.

It was dropped 2 years into the previous Gannett standardized graphics and reverted back into the current WTSP logo, and I think that at some point within a few years, provided the viewers still prefer the "News 10" branding, the "ABC 10" branding will get dropped and reverted back into "News 10".

That's like comparing apples to a diesel engine. It makes absolutely no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

News 10 is still hiding in Bumper crawls during sports and their website's icon is still News 10 when going to abc10.com much like KCRA when they left out a piece of their website from the early 2000s when they were known as THEKCRACHANNEL.com.

ewJ4PKh.jpg

Archived