KETV getting a new building

Breaking News

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see it. Maybe they'll upgrade it's newscasts to HD that day then this new V/O would have to be done my own version would be:

"Now in High Definition, you're watching Omaha's ABC, KETV Channel 7 Omaha. Now More Complete Coverage from your Favorite Source for Local News. KETV NewsWatch 7 at 5."

You're going to have to explain that to me... I typically have an exceptional eye for branding and detail, short of reviewing the specifics- I can't tell. I'm kind of embarrassed asking you to point it out, especially since I just did a recent graphic search on ABC News and ABC O&O - even looked at WLS' new desk and I can't find anything other than a "flatter" look on some graphics, barley outlined in white. But I don't think that is what you mean.

You're correct. The twitter photo has the up to date ABC logo, while the sign outside their new building has the old ABC logo. Interesting. Maybe they thought that the old logo would look better in terms of signage and lighting than the new logo.

I'd imagine they're planning on making the move for sweeps. It's amazing what they did to the building based on the pictures in the linked thread.

Edit: I am watching their 9PM newscast on line and it appears they are stretching a 4:3 image to file a 16:9 frame. Is this standard or an error online?

They do it on regular 7.2 also. I have to set the TV to 4:3 for it to look better.

You're correct. The twitter photo has the up to date ABC logo, while the sign outside their new building has the old ABC logo. Interesting. Maybe they thought that the old logo would look better in terms of signage and lighting than the new logo.

Mobile app, website etc... all seem to be new. Maybe you're correct on their intentions with the sign - or, maybe they were like: "I hope nobody notices" and then you and your eagle eye come along... Ha!

I'm curious to see how the Burlington Station incorporates the history of the trains into it like Gray did when they gave KNOP/KNPL a new studio earlier this year. They made sure to use wood and images to give it a railroad town feel but also modern.

I think the old logo would look better lit up and that's why they chose it. The old one they could easily light up the edges and make the shape out while the new one would have have the abc and bottom lit up.

I'm curious to see how the Burlington Station incorporates the history of the trains into it like Gray did when they gave KNOP/KNPL a new studio earlier this year. They made sure to use wood and images to give it a railroad town feel but also modern.

They say subway tiles on the newsroom walls. Exposed brick and industrial flare with dark flooring. Some natural light, prob heavy blues and grays I'd imagine mostly continuous LED flat panel displays and minimal furniture, circle stand-up desk. Really going to be cool for special coverage like weather, traffic, elections, etc... I think they wanted the newsroom to be "right there" so I'd imagine shots of the working newsroom are not completely done. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

The thing with the Hearst diamond graphic package and colors is that when used with seamless LED panels, it is so "together" it's almost like they're using a green screen. Initial thoughts; height of Ramby dwarfs the Weather Center.

I love the studio- needs the structure of a news desk, sunk- in perhaps- rectangular with more use of LED and brick. Beauty of LED panels: make them display more brick or "surface" to break-up the awful Hearst diamond patterns lol

New set looks okay.

For spending $22 million to refurbish such a jewel to the extent they did, the budget for a studio should have been more proportional to the investment. Sort of like remodeling a beautiful home and spending lots of money doing so ...everything done right and high-end- but in the kitchen, although you have stone counters and wood cabinets and the latest appliances, it was all sort of standard with no real wow factor.

My point: you just spent all this money on the house. Why skimp on the room used most and is the biggest and most appealing part of its soul?

Would be incredible for most small markets. Would be good enough for most large markets. But KETV and reputation deserve a distinction I just don't completely see yet. Maybe I'll see more as they use it more.

Archived