Where's Bolaris?

qwertnyc

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest localcelebrity2u

What's next? But also- do you think most young viewers really care or even notice who's delivering the news- they just watch it for the information?

What's next? But also- do you think most young viewers really care or even notice who's delivering the news- they just watch it for the information?

I think you're right to an extent...This is a totally travisty and not what John had in mind when he left Philly to go to WCBS. There's a roster spot open here in Philly at 'CAU. Come on back to where you enjoyed many years of love and success!

Look at that... keeping the young incompetent team together (Chris, Kristine, Lonnie) for 5 and 11, while the strong experienced team (Dana, Jim?, John) at 6.

Too bad Dana has to deal with Elliott at noon.

I think that Dana likes Elliott. They get along pretty good.

I have know through excellent sources for MONTHS that for their own reasons, Dunn and Friend dislike and wish to discard Bolaris.

He's been reassigned to weekends and will be gone when his contract expires in Oct.

Possible scenario: Cheeseball G will be gone and replaced by Bolaris. Ch. 11 (Bob Harris, "Gee,") has in recent years been a home for old has-been weather clowns who are not meteorologists. Bolaris has no degree in meteorology. Studied basic weather at Chanute AFB, though.

I have know through excellent sources for MONTHS that for their own reasons, Dunn and Friend dislike and wish to discard Bolaris.

He's been reassigned to weekends and will be gone when his contract expires in Oct.

Possible scenario: Cheeseball G will be gone and replaced by Bolaris. Ch. 11 (Bob Harris, "Gee,") has in recent years been a home for old has-been weather clowns who are not meteorologists. Bolaris has no degree in meteorology. Studied basic weather at Chanute AFB, though.

What's really to Dislike about Bolaris? I'm saying is he that bad, that you take him through all these changes, demote him and insult him by putting someone who doesn't have a clue about weather in his old spot?

I love Richard Huff article, it really summed up Lonnie Quinn to show how terrible he is. Dag Huff look like was so pissed, he also called John Eliiot a goofball. For Jim, Dana and John it is sad to see people with experience, and trust get thrown away just like a dirty piece of garbage, and I really hope this station goes down to a new low.

Another stupid move on CBS 2. They should hire then Diann Burns (See Chicago Board). I do too wish that Noticias 41 Univision beat the shit out of WCBS. Dunn & Friend are letting their personal problems in the decision of the direction of their newscasts? That's too bad, if you have problems with one of your employees on personal basis or whatever, let them wait for you outside. Inside, work with professionalism. And the gains on Ch.2 News at 5 are because of Judy, not of pretty suits and empty headed ho.

I love Richard Huff article, it really summed up Lonnie Quinn to show how terrible he is. For Jim, Dana and John it is sad to see people with experience, and trust get thrown away just like a dirty piece of garbage, and I really hope this station goes down to a new low.

If WCBS had at least something in their head, they should read Huff's article. He should be ND of CBS 2, and not a frmr. producer IIRC from WABC. (Friend)

Here's a gem from Lonnie from tonight's 11pm:

"The city is warmer because of the heat island affect, (so far so good)..... unlike in the suburbs where all the trees can absorb the heat..... (LMAO- oops, guess he misunderstood his spoon-feeder)

That's what you get for hiring a puppet and trying to imply knowledge you don't have.

Here's a gem from Lonnie from tonight's 11pm:

"The city is warmer because of the heat island affect, (so far so good)..... unlike in the suburbs where all the trees can absorb the heat..... (LMAO- oops, guess he misunderstood his spoon-feeder)

That's what you get for hiring a puppet and trying to imply knowledge you don't have.

Hey!!! Let's be fair! He looks nice in his suits, keeps his hair neatly combed and his pancake makeup is always very evenly applied. :(

Here's the latest:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/dan_gross/20070702_Dan_Gross___Forecast_calls_for_a_chance_of_Bolaris_blowing_back_into_town.html

If true, it'll be sad to see him go. He never made it as big up here but soooooooooooooooooooooo

much better than the air-puffed Lonnie Quinn.

think he should continue with CBS and head over to KYW. John would do a great job with them

I don't think there is room for him at KYW even though his old buddies from WCAU (NBC 10), Larry Mendte and Kathy Orr are there. I don't think they would screw Kathy over and demote her unless they could work out where John does 4 and 6 and Kathy does 4:30 and 11. FOX 29 already has arguably the most accurate meterologist in the market, Rob Guarino so I can't see John go there. NBC 10 would be the logical choice because Hurricane Schwartz just isn't really "attractive" chief met material for the market and/or Doug Kammerer could get demoted and send Hurricane back to weekends. Don't even question WPVI because 1. They have no room for him and 2. just like their New York sister WABC they do not hire "rejects" or "castoffs" from other stations in the market, and once you leave WPVI or WABC don't think about making a comeback there.

The thought of replacing Schwartz w/Bolaris sounds too good to be true. If NBC10 even thinks about demoting Kammerer, they're nuts. The guy has the education, the looks and most definitely the personality. If anything, he should get more air time. Other than the "Chief Dud," Schwartz, other bores in the Philly area are: Dave Warren (NBC10), Maria LaRosa (CBS3) and anyone Fox puts on when Guarino is off.

Archived