Where's Bolaris?

qwertnyc

Ok, so with all the talk of anchor changes at CBS2, what do you think happened to John Bolaris? I heard no mention of him last night or this evening. That awful Lonnie Quinn has been doing weather and he did not say he was in for John.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I was trying to imply, weeks ago.

The Chris/Kristine team just happens to debut the week John is on vacation so Lonnie can be there?

Do you see where they are going with this? This is there new team. High on looks (although personally I think Wragge looks like the junior high school kid you want to beat up with that new hairstyle) and very low on credentials and IQ.

If they do well in the next ratings, I will shut up because I will then realize that I am the one who is out of date and NYC viewers have have all gone down the crapper if this is what they want.

He has some time off, I saw him of the Early Show earlier this week and I think he was on somewhat last week on the Early Show too.

Bolaris? They've NEVER gone to him for the Early Show. It was always Audrey while she was there, and Jeff if Audrey could not, and then it's been Elliott and Lonnie recently. I always found that strange how Bolaris never did it, while Janice Huff often did it for Today.

Yeah he's gone too. I bet it. They put him back on 11 until Lonnie could get used to it, giving viewers more of what they wanted for a few days... then slyly pulled him off.

Anyone see the position they had Lonnie in for the preopen tease last night at 11. Makes it kinda obvious they want to shine a star on him too.

WCBS may do stupid things but they just started to air new promos with the weather team so I doubt they would be getting rid of anyone this soon.

They also just started airing new promos with Jim Rosenfield. You can't predict anything with this station.

WCBS may do stupid things but they just started to air new promos with the weather team so I doubt they would be getting rid of anyone this soon.

They also just started airing new promos with Jim Rosenfield. You can't predict anything with this station.

Well Jim is MIA, according to nynewsguy who has a contact at CBS 2 Newsroom. Jim has been a no-show since Thursday.

I agree completely, changes happen overnight with this station. Anyway he's probably just on vacation. He's been working quite frequently during the past few weeks. They are probably testing out newcomer Lonnie to his fullest potential.

And that's what they use vacations for.

You have to realize what a slimy, nefarious bunch of SOB's these managers can be.

FTV Live is reporting today that Lonnie has been bumped up, back into the 6 & 11 slot. When John comes back from vacation he gets the 5.

You have to realize what a slimy, nefarious bunch of SOB's these managers can be.

FTV Live is reporting today that Lonnie has been bumped up, back into the 6 & 11 slot. When John comes back from vacation he gets the 5.

Its all about sparkle, no substance.

It's official according to tvspy.com - shoptalk.

LONNIE QUINN has been promoted to be the 5PM and 11PM weeknight weathercaster at WCBS in New York. Prior to this, he was the Noon, 5:00PM, and 5:30PM weathercaster at WCBS. Lonnie came to WCBS from WTVJ, where he was the very successful Monday through Friday morning weathercaster.

Didn't WABC 7 also do this by having Sam Champion do the weather for so many years?

Look at that... keeping the young incompetent team together (Chris, Kristine, Lonnie) for 5 and 11, while the strong experienced team (Dana, Jim?, John) at 6.

Too bad Dana has to deal with Elliott at noon.

Didn't WABC 7 also do this by having Sam Champion do the weather for so many years?

Great point!

Look at that... keeping the young incompetent team together (Chris, Kristine, Lonnie) for 5 and 11, while the strong experienced team (Dana, Jim?, John) at 6.

Too bad Dana has to deal with Elliott at noon.

Well since those idiots are at it make CBS2 News at 11 something like CW11 Morning News

They listed Audrey as meteorologist when she wasn't on air and when her contract was up her profile was taken down a few days later. Doesn't make sense after they made all those weather promos including John.

my honest opinion is that Johnny B is on his way out. I just can't see him staying after all of this shuffling around. Him and Rosenfield will end up being casualties of WCBS' latest divulgence into stupidity.

WCBS website clearly says that John Elliott is AM and Noon, and Quinn is 5,6,11PM. Doesn't seem to be a place for Bolaris, unless he agrees to take only 6PM. I doubt it though.

I still think Rosenfield is gone as soon as he has an out.

Archived