Where's Bolaris?

qwertnyc

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't consider PVI either. For starters they aren't union and from what I hear, the pay blows if you're name isn't Jim Gardner (or James Goldman for that matter).

I wouldn't doubt it one bit, I bet you prospective employees go there just because they're the famous or someways infamous WPVI Channel 6 Action News. They go there for namesake, you would say.

About my comment about WPVI not hiring Bolaris is because I know someone with little knowledge of the Philly market would post "Why doesn't Bolaris try WPVI" and this would probably shed light to those thinking Roz Abrams would wait out her contract with WCBS to go back to WABC also.

You can rule out KYW cause there are no openings unless they really wanna go insane and go with 6 meteorologists (with them you never know). WTXF is out as well because they really don't have enough newscasts to carry more than 3 weather people. WCAU is really the only logical choice. They have an open slot, they can def use his persoanlity and name recognition to get a kick in the ass in the ratings dept, and he knows the station.

Now as far as sorting personnel around you can keep everyone the way they and give bowtie the boot in favor of Bolaris and then hire Karen Thomas full time. Or You can move Bowtie over to weekend mornings like he did when Bolaris was here previously. There's no need to move Doug from where he is now. You can add more to his plate though by giving him the All That & More weather cut-ins there for giving Doug 4, 5 and 10PM on WPHL.

If I remember right from the night John left Philly, Hurricane said he'd have no hard feelings if he had to work behind John. I really think he's about to live what he said. Could you imagine having John back with Renee and Vai, and a "coming about" Tim Lake along with a new just about everything, including getting away from tabloid and hitting real news and weather? That could put 10 back in the 11 pm race.

John 4 (a one person newscast), 6 & 11, Kammerer 5 & 10 (10 pm edition being expanded out to an hour), Bill stays in the a.m., now where'd I put everyone else, idk.

But wasn't Doug looking to pull an Amy Freeze and leave for better?

I think it would be good for 10 if Bolaris returned. I never understood why there were some that really despised him. (I know--storm of the century or whatever). He looked at my place once when he was in the market (penthouse). He didn't buy it, but he moved into the building. Nice guy. Always made small talk when we ran into each other. I know he's not considered a real meteorologist, but there are many who aren't degreed in science and still call themselves mets. btw, glad to know that Kammerer looking to move is just a rumor.

Too bad that people in Philly got pissed with the wrong forecast Glenn and John put. But, will he return? I don't know. But anything is better than CBS 2.

Archived