WHBQ New Graphics

memnews1

After the trade-off from Fox to Cox a while back, WHBQ has started making some changes.

Same standard O&O logo remains, but the slogan has changed to Local Coverage You Can Count On.

New music as well, Coverage by 615 Music.

New graphics (you'll notice some existing O&O elements:

Wfw7efZ.jpg

FrQ7DwV.jpg

RxhquV0.jpg

6hB30r1.jpg

JZpQtdN.jpg

FsFpGaj.jpg

Keg5c2r.jpg

IgJyT6o.jpg

Here's their live stream for anyone interested: http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/category/239213/live-stream

the L3rds look very similar to the ones that WSB launched this summer. Interesting that they are using Coverage (considering that WSB just dropped it)

I wonder if this is a slow roll out of a new package, or if this is just upgrades to the O&O package

the L3rds look very similar to the ones that WSB launched this summer. Interesting that they are using Coverage (considering that WSB just dropped it)

I wonder if this is a slow roll out of a new package, or if this is just upgrades to the O&O package

More like WSOC-TV

Their new CSD came from sister station WSOC in Charlotte, so no surprise the look is very similar (the station's newest round of promos are WSOC clones too).

Absolutely a WSOC vibe... and promo copy wise, they are also clones of WSB and WJAX.... ya know all the usual COX "highly-researched" promo lines.... such as: news from where you live, swarming to cover the latest late-breaking details, if a story breaks across town and at the same time in your neighborhood - we'll be there. Those COX teams are a bunch of busy bees, with all their swarming on local, important news coverage, in my neighborhood, every day, every newscast.

Absolutely a WSOC vibe... and promo copy wise, they are also clones of WSB and WJAX.... ya know all the usual COX "highly-researched" promo lines.... such as: news from where you live, swarming to cover the latest late-breaking details, if a story breaks across town and at the same time in your neighborhood - we'll be there. Those COX teams are a bunch of busy bees, with all their swarming on local, important news coverage, in my neighborhood, every day, every newscast.

I guess that's why they're market leaders in each of their markets.

A lot of #2 and severe underdog stations in non-cox markets should take a cue from them. An over-relentless, consistent message is the key to winning, as long as the news team delivers.

It's likely because unlike other companies, Cox Media is still family-owned and they know the value of straight, honest news.

I'm assuming that WHBQ hasn't ditched the O&O logo due to still having the standardized O&O set. Otherwise, a VERY nice departure from the one-size-fits-all Fox graphics.

And that's why WHBQ will be Memphis' news leader if it isn't already. All it needs is a new website and it's all great.

WREG and WMC are the top dogs in the market, simply because of viewer loyalties. Nexstar has also invested into a reboot of WATN last year.

WHBQ is the #3 station right now... that doesn't mean they can't break through, but it won't be easy in the least. Ask the people at WATN.

Archived