KCTV new graphics

TheRob

Holy crap. Those graphics are phenomenal! Easily the best Kansas City has ever seen. That new logo is also great. Fantastic job. The package does have a RenderOn vibe to it. The opening sequence (with those moving, bendy, multicolored bars) is reminescent of WPTV's old HD package pre-Scripps V1.

I was surprised that they got High Velocity v3 so soon too. I wonder if stations get notices from music companies BEFORE they officaly launch their new package to let them know something new is coming.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely convinced that is a Renderon package. It's not that hard to duplicate the renderon "look" and we all know it's been done in the past. This looks a lot less polished than work Renderon puts out.

As for looking similar, that's just their style I guess. You could say the same about the other graphics companies and set designers as well.

RenderOn style is my favourite , but I think when we see the elements (l3rds, splitscreents etc) we can say its NOT renderon's work. Also Do you guys knows what is happening with them , no social media activity , no recent works from them ?

RenderOn style is my favourite , but I think when we see the elements (l3rds, splitscreents etc) we can say its NOT renderon's work. Also Do you guys knows what is happening with them , no social media activity , no recent works from them ?

They're still making graphics packages for stations as far as we can tell, though they have been relatively slow in updating their content on their website (the last one was of WBRZ's new look from a year ago). In the case of the lower thirds and other elements not being RenderOn-like, this is nothing new. There have been cases in the past where the final product doesn't come out the way it was originally proposed (WDIV and WAVY being previous examples).

Archived