XETV rebranding

ED2

Did anyone notice that XETV in San Diego has rebranded to "CW6" this week? No more "San Diego 6 The CW"...

Very interesting. The fact that they're de-emphasizing "San Diego" is a bit suprising. I wonder what they plan on doing considering the messy situation the news department is in.

[GALLERY=media, 739]Screen Shot 2015-12-17 At 2.38.50 PM by tvtime07 posted Dec 17, 2015 at 5:41 PM[/GALLERY]Seems like they are now calling themselves "CW 6 San Diego" according to their Twitter feed. They've already embraced the slime green color tone on their website, wondering if slime green will be appearing on their news graphics package soon. New logo brand for their news division. I'm also guessing The CW will be staying on XETV for the present time and future, no need to worry about KUSI snagging this network affiliation. Can we get a new set soon Santa?

UPDATE: seems like the official start of the rebrand will be during the start of the new year:

Realizing the popularity of CW programming here, and the continued growth of the network, on January 1, 2016, XETV becomes “CW6.”
http://www.cw6sandiego.com/cw6/

I just discovered that tonight. Even though I've never craved it from other networks and their affiliates, I've always liked the traditional lime green of most CW affiliates, and their network. I found "San Diego 6's" branding a bit hokey. I always thought the name "San Diego's 6" would look better (but I admit, it would sound kind of the same). I look forward to checking out their news in the near future, but I guess not tonight. :(

Hey, their set is still decent looking compared to KUSI! even though they both need makeovers!

When was the last time any of you bought new living room furniture?

20 years?

As far as inexperienced reporters go....

I just think of them as "rescues"....ya know...

Mutts!....pretty and plump.

Hey, their set is still decent looking compared to KUSI! even though they both need makeovers!

Yes it's in good condition, but it's stale and it's not on trend. I would like to see them with something new just for the simple fact that this is the only set they've ever had with absolutely no modifications to it. Change is good sometimes...

It would be a fresh start... new branding, new set, new graphics, new news director, and maybe better content... so we'll see if anything is actually in the works or if this is just a name change.

Yes it's in good condition, but it's stale and it's not on trend. I would like to see them with something new just for the simple fact that this is the only set they've ever had with absolutely no modifications to it. Change is good sometimes...

It would be a fresh start... new branding, new set, new graphics, new news director, and maybe better content... so we'll see if anything is actually in the works or if this is just a name change.

The only thing that I've seen KUSI change recently are its graphics from over the years with the last change, just a few years ago. Other than that, nothing else.

The only thing that I've seen KUSI change recently are its graphics from over the years with the last change, just a few years ago. Other than that, nothing else.

The KUSI set is like a visit home from college.

The living room always is the same, with papa smoking his cigar...and mom knitting in her chair...

The smell of eggnog and pine wafts through the air....and Old Spice through Alans hair.

Leslie's sisters and Lisa's cute butt....

It's a KUSI Christmas.

[GALLERY=media, 739]They've already embraced the slime green color tone on their website, wondering if slime green will be appearing on their news graphics package soon.

It's called Limon.

Mexicans call limes lemons and pretend they are green. Green limes are Limon.

And that news set is just fine. It is still the best looking set in the market 16years later(Dec 29th 1999)[/GALLERY]

The only way KUSI gets a new set is if the one they currently have burns down or falls apart. And as for XETV, there's a higher probability of them shutting down their news department than getting a new set. There's no reason for XETV to be cheap if you knew who the owners were, but I digress...

Pretty sure the XEWT-12 set is older.

Televisa re-did XEWT just before XETV and they picked sets that were/are timeless.

The XETV set was built as an HD set in 1999...the equipment was mostly 4:3 but the set was way ahead of it's time.

Pretty sure the XEWT-12 set is older.

Televisa re-did XEWT just before XETV and they picked sets that were/are timeless.

The XETV set was built as an HD set in 1999...the equipment was mostly 4:3 but the set was way ahead of it's time.

Actually XEWT got a new set/graphics a few years ago. Very sleek looking. Not bad for Tijuana. Now if they could only do the same for XETV...

Actually XEWT got a new set/graphics a few years ago. Very sleek looking. Not bad for Tijuana. Now if they could only do the same for XETV...

XEWT is so clean you can eat off the floors...and there is soooooo much room you could put an ice rink in.

Not that they play a lot of hockey on Mt.Sanantonio....but the long time CE(who just passed) insisted on clean.

The guards with the M-16s at the gate are pretty cool too.

XEWT is so clean you ca eat off the floors...and there is soooooo much room you could put an ice rink in.

Not that they play alot of hocky on Mt.Sanantonio....but the long time CE(who just passed) insisted on clean.

The guards with the M-16s at the gate are pretty cool too.

Canal 12. Tu Canal !

I'm wondering just how the traditional XETV sign on/sign off will be handled in both languages

Sigh on/off has traditionally been Spanish and English with the Mexican National Anthem.

If you are ever in a bar and a San Deigoian bets you they can hum the Mexican National Anthem...don't fall for it.

It's a sucker bet...

Most San Dieogans already know the Athem due to the Mexican radio stations that play it twice a day by law.

Why does XETV keep on insisting that 5hey have a news department? San Diego is kind of a small market to have six news shops.

At # 28, I doubt San Diego is considered a small market. Plus, they wouldn't have a news department if there wasn't some kind of demand/audience for it.

At # 28, I doubt San Diego is considered a small market. Plus, they wouldn't have a news department if there wasn't some kind of demand/audience for it.

There is the age old question of what market San Diego would really be if the millions south of the border were counted in the book. Plus consider that there is ocean to the west....LA north and a pretty strict mountain range slicing the market to the east.

Sales weasels sell it as a larger market....while news directors sell it as a smaller market for payroll reasons.

Then you take into consideration the local cost of living that ranks in the top 5 US cities.

SD is "Pretend Market 15 DMA" to most sales weenies dollars wise.

Archived