XETV rebranding

ED2

At # 28, I doubt San Diego is considered a small market. Plus, they wouldn't have a news department if there wasn't some kind of demand/audience for it.
According to my local Emmys chapter, The National Capital Chesapeake Bay Chapter, markets 1-50 are large, 50-100 are medium and 100+ are small.

I figure this could be a good metric given the diversity of MD and VA media markets.

XETV will use the DARE TO DEFY package for syndicated programming i think since KSWB used to use a O&O Package when they were CW5/69.

If you're referring to the green CW programming graphics, then they've been using them for a while now. I'm pretty sure they're made available for affiliates to use for programming lineup. I'm not sure what you mean by O&O package being used on KSWB when it was a CW affiliate. Their news graphics were done by KNSD at the time, and if they used the CW network graphics, again, it was made available for all affiliates to use and was to advertise their programming.

If you're referring to the green CW programming graphics, then they've been using them for a while now. I'm pretty sure they're made available for affiliates to use for programming lineup. I'm not sure what you mean by O&O package being used on KSWB when it was a CW affiliate. Their news graphics were done by KNSD at the time, and if they used the CW network graphics, again, it was made available for all affiliates to use and was to advertise their programming.

oh yeah my bad.

Let's also remember that XETV used to be a Fox station.

It's the same tablecloth-pulling escapade Tribune pulled in Indy, and Fox pulled in Charlotte.

Well, it's a different scenario in this case. FOX wanted off XETV badly, that they approached Tribune to take the FOX affiliation but they were turned down. This led to FOX talking to KUSI/McKinnon about becoming the FOX affiliate. During this time, Sam Zell was barely taking over Tribune, and when he heard that Tribune's bosses had rejected FOX's offer, he called them up and offered to take it.

Farewell San Diego 6 (2008-2015) The new logo debuted on the 4pm newscast along with new triangle mic flags, logo on desk and wall.

and they kept the ugly graphics. smh.

They're also in that awkward stage where there are SD6 and CW6 promos alongside each other.

They really half-assed this rebrand. They have about three different colored CW6 logos. The opens look really cheap, and as you mentioned, there are still traces of San Diego 6. I don't understand why they couldn't have held off on re-branding until everything was done properly.

It's "The Mexican Way"...

Back in the 60's the street signs in Tijuana all were provided by soft drink companies.

The Stop signs all had a Pepsi logo on them...and the One Way signs we green and in the shape of a 7-Up bottle pointed in the direction of the traffic.

Rebranding to Mexican TV stations just depends on what you already have, and what you can beg from the sponsors. They will eventually get there, but when they finally do...the rebrand will start all over again.

Ascetics are not really important, forget continuity...

Love or hate it, it's just "The Mexican Way".

It's "The Mexican Way"...

Back in the 60's the street signs in Tijuana all were provided by soft drink companies.

The Stop signs all had a Pepsi logo on them...and the One Way signs we green and in the shape of a 7-Up bottle pointed in the direction of the traffic.

Rebranding to Mexican TV stations just depends on what you already have, and what you can beg from the sponsors. They will eventually get there, but when they finally do...the rebrand will start all over again.

The station is a clusterf*ck right now. No ND, several talent have left, etc. Should have left things as they were, but I digress.

Yeah, that's why you see a a lot of Taco shops in Mexico that are "sponsored" by Coca-Cola or Pepsi-- They pay for signs, etc. and then they become the exclusive beverage of the shop/restaurant.

They really half-assed this rebrand. They have about three different colored CW6 logos. The opens look really cheap, and as you mentioned, there are still traces of San Diego 6. I don't understand why they couldn't have held off on re-branding until everything was done properly.

Also, this morning's sign on still said "San Diego 6".

Great contrast to 2008 when XETV really did a good job with the re-branding down to the sign off.

I've seen some baffling rebrands of Mexican stations in the last year or so, many of which are related to the digital transition.

The local channel 9 in Tampico received digital channel 26. So instead of using PSIP, which is perfectly logical and normal, they decided "let's become channel 26!" They even now have a 26 logo and everything.

Then there are all the state networks that do not comprehend the idea of PSIP to map to their old virtual channels: Aguascalientes, Chiapas, Hidalgo, Morelos, Veracruz... So instead of channel 6 they might brand as 26, or replacing 3 with 49 (!).

I'm watching CW6 news right now. Tuned in late because of the Holiday Bowl Parade on Cox 4. The main logo looks great. But the set needs the logo somewhere. Also, as said, the crawler has the SD6 logo on it, which I never really liked. Plus, the Subway logo is hanging off the screen. Is somebody a Jersey Mikes fan?

I'm watching CW6 news right now. Tuned in late because of the Holiday Bowl Parade on Cox 4. The main logo looks great. But the set needs the logo somewhere. Also, as said, the crawler has the SD6 logo on it, which I never really liked. Plus, the Subway logo is hanging off the screen. Is somebody a Jersey Mikes fan?

The set has the CW 6 logo on the front of the desk and in the weather center there is a glass with the CW6 logo etched into it. Not to mention that all the monitors on the top portion of the set have a CW6 graphic.

Tuned in right from the get go. Nice opening; good graphics. The two white male anchors don't have much chemistry. Crawler devoid of station logos now, but the Subway logo from last night is replaced by...a white square.

First time since 2007 they did minor upgrades to the set. They covered the small monitors on the sides of the set (weather center and sports center) and added wide screens.

image.thumb.png.fb3dcea6af3a74d51cbf9fd9950ae904.png

Several of the CRT monitors had burned out for a while now, and those that were working looked horrible. It looks like the work is incomplete seeing as that area with the LCD monitors looks really dark. What they really need to replace is the duratran. The downtown skyline has changed so much, yet the duratran is from at least 10 years ago.

Several of the CRT monitors had burned out for a while now, and those that were working looked horrible. It looks like the work is incomplete seeing as that area with the LCD monitors looks really dark. What they really need to replace is the duratran. The downtown skyline has changed so much, yet the duratran is from at least 10 years ago.

yeah and they got rid of the bars like you see on the side when they replaced the backdrop. Depending on the director, the 10pm show was always dark in the studio at most times

image.thumb.png.1dd296c30b3151b73ee0fdd80e77dc3d.png

image.thumb.png.562733ff4d0c8542c78654845d92314c.png

image.thumb.png.b5ccb27b226689b7b14a964977a1cefe.png

I don't think that's a duratrans behind the anchors. Over the weekend, the skyline behind the anchors was replaced by an animating CW6 In The Morning logo...

I don't think that's a duratrans behind the anchors. Over the weekend, the skyline behind the anchors was replaced by an animating CW6 In The Morning logo...

they went the cheap route and added a green screen and sometimes show a "what's trending" segment and do viral videos behind the anchors

Archived