MLB 2016 Season

A3N

Bump. TBS has new graphics for MLB. Looks like it's based off the new March Madness package.

This makes me wonder if Turner is going to start using one graphics package for NBA, MLB, March Madness, and the PGA Championship.

Game was blacked out here in DC in favor of local coverage, got a screencap by chance?

Game was blacked out here in DC in favor of local coverage, got a screencap by chance?

Couldn't get it, tuned in at the final out. I'll try to find some videos.

Never mind. Found screencaps on Twitter.

[MEDIA=twitter]752202334772527104[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]752197615261847552[/MEDIA]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
They'll probably ditch the ROOT Sports moniker next year. It took them about a year to move away from FSN to ROOT Sports under DirecTV. Plus, they'll be due for a new graphics package by then anyhow.

Hopefully At&t offers more local programming once they switch.

Hopefully At&t offers more local programming once they switch.

Hard to say what they plan to do in terms of programming. When AT&T took over CSN Houston, they canned quite a few employees and got rid of several programs. Root Sports has been around for several years now, you would think they would've figured out how to build up their channels by now, but it just seems like they've done a ho-hum job.

Hard to say what they plan to do in terms of programming. When AT&T took over CSN Houston, they canned quite a few employees and got rid of several programs. Root Sports has been around for several years now, you would think they would've figured out how to build up their channels by now, but it just seems like they've done a ho-hum job.

That is true but since At&t has bought Direct TV maybe they have bigger plans. I wish we would have been able to keep CSN here in Houston the ROOT product is pretty blah compared to CSN.

• 4 weeks later...

Sportsnet in Canada is using the world feed for the World Series this year. They used to when it was Gary Throne (which I actually preferred, because anything's better than Joe Buck but TBS is worse), but had been simulcasting Fox over the past few years.

However, this year, Buck Martinez (who is the Blue Jays play-by-play, and formerly did color for TBS during the Division Series rounds) is on color for the World Series with Matt Vasgersian on play-by-play. Just like last year (as you briefly saw during game 1). it's just MLB Network graphics (and by that I mean, this year's version, obviously).

Archived