Joel Siegel passed away

abc7 Man

Very sad and so sudden, he was quite a legend on ABC 7 and on Good Morning America. And to think that just last week he was on the air really just adds to the shock. He will be missed by many and I don't think anyone could ever be like the way he was. Anyway very sad news, and extremely tragic. He had died from Colon Cancer. I never knew that he had been battling cancer for all these years, because he looked healthy to many viewers. Anyway this is all very shocking. I'll get some captures from tonights rebroadcast of Eyewitness News at 5 and 6 from WABC-DT. If WABC and ABC is reading this, my heart and condolences go out to them on this trying time.

Regards,

-Vlad :'(

Very sad news, but folks can take something out of this...and it's nothing to make light of.

If you're 50 or over, get a colon screening. We've lost quite a few good people in this world over the last few years to colon cancer, and the only way to know what's going on is to be screened.

Back to Joel...he was a great film critic and a great human being. He will indeed be missed.

I was watching the 6PM newscast. He was on Eyewitness news for over 30 years and Bill Ritter was near tears after he announced Joel Siegel's death. He was very vocal about his cancer and wrote a book a few years ago for his young son.

I was watching the 6PM newscast. He was on Eyewitness news for over 30 years and Bill Ritter was near tears after he announced Joel Siegel's death. He was very vocal about his cancer and wrote a book a few years ago for his young son.

The video is on WABC's site...very moving stuff.

26 years on Good Morning America means he was there from, pretty much, the time I started watching at four years old (I prefered GMA to Sesame Street or morning cartoons).

So terribly sad, like losing a member of the family almost.

Rest in peace, Mr. Siegel.

My condolences to the Siegel family and WABC and Good Morning America he was one of my favorite movie critics. He was a part of a bygone area where most major market stations had full time entertainment critics Like Garry Franklyn, David Sheehan, Robert Osborne (and to a lessor degree Sam Rubin [last man standing in the movie review game on TV news]) here LA, Roger Ebert and the late Gene Siskel (Ebert I belive was WLS and Siskel at WBBM I think); Joyce Kulhawik in WBZ 4 News in Boston,Joel Siegel at Eyewitness News and Gene Shalit of News Channel 4 when viewrs wanted a quick but articulate movie review without picking up a newspaper;they provide a service thats now seem sadly obsolete.

Archived