CBS 2 HD Breaking News Promos (All 6)

Guest localcelebrity2u

Guest localcelebrity2u

The parts with Lou and other male casters is good.

s for the females, can anyone say "selling sex". Good grief, what's the purpose having the female reporters making seductive faces into the camera rather than showing them doing their job.

I'm no prude...not even close but they are effing disgusting at 2.

The parts with Lou and other male casters is good.

s for the females, can anyone say "selling sex". Good grief, what's the purpose having the female reporters making seductive faces into the camera rather than showing them doing their job.

I'm no prude...not even close but they are effing disgusting at 2.

Seductive???? its called a smile. try it you'll make friends

Every male reporter is shown doing his job. It looks great!

Every female reporter may briefly be shown reporting or walking but then closes with a close up and a smile and seductive look at the camera with a head tilt. They were TOLD to do that.

That my friends is sexist but is exactly what Friend, Kane and company want.

• 1 month later...

Good use of Enforcer during promos 49 and 52, Brian Lee (the voice over guy) did a great job as usual. I only have 2 problems with the promos and they are both minor, one is you'll usually never see 2 ENGs from the same station together, (rarely are they even at the same location with an exception for MAJOR breaking news i.e. the steam pipe explosion) it's a cost issue, the crew is very expensive. The second, and this really is for most news promos, not just WCBS, the shots of reporters running through an area with a mic. It's rare to see that actually happen in the field, the camera equipment weighs too much for the crew to keep up at that pace, plus have you seen how crowded Grand Central is? Also, female reporters tend to wear high-heels and do not like to run or walk quickly in them. Smart female reporters bring a change of shoes, but because they are so largely based on appearance many female reporters just opt to grunt and bear the high heel shoes and walk slowly.

A good example of a news promo were the WABC promos released sometime last year or the 2003 WNBC image campaign that was done by Rampage, now that was a news promo with a theme that REALLY got your reporter juices flowing.

The most recent one i think rectify most of the common complaints that most of you wrote about on this board. You simply see more of the reporters doing their job. And if you watch the spots, Hazel and Deborah weren't running.

I like the promos, and yes I think Mary Calvi and Deborah Garcia are looking seducitve, but to a male audience, this actually works. To a female audience not so much. I think the promos are fine, remember this is television and contrary to what people really think, looks do count. That's why they do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the promos are a smart way to bring in more viewers, but I don't really see the point. Why advertise on CBS 2 for CBS 2 News? People who watch CBS shows probably watch CBS 2 for their news. I think they should advertise on more stations locally!

Why advertise on CBS 2 for CBS 2 News? People who watch CBS shows probably watch CBS 2 for their news. I think they should advertise on more stations locally!

Why would a another station air a promo for a rival station?!?! You don't make sense at all! ::) I'm sorry, but that is such a stupid remark.

Excuse me...I don't mean for WCBS to advertise on other local stations. What I meant was for WCBS to advertise on stations like TNT and USA Network. :p

Well why would they do that? They are trying to get viewers, not toss them away, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think the promos are pretty nice. I have some of them as my favorites on YouTube. So what if the female anchors look seductive? They know their stuff. Also, I found it somewhat amusing that in one of the promos, you see Pablo Guzman, but you hear Tanya Rivero's voice.

WCBS also have the radio promos covered as well. I was listening to 102.7FM and they had Chris, Kristine and Lonnie boasting themselves as the most trusted news team with the same great music in the background.

Archived