KICU TV36 to rebrand as KTVU Plus

C Block

I kinda wish they just...move the MyNetworkTV affiliation to KICU...

Why? MyNetworkTV pulls worse numbers on KRON than the syndicated sitcom repeats do on KICU.

And if KICU does get the MyNet and they keep the comedy lineup in primetime, I wouldn't be surprised if they bury the MyNet stuff at around midnight. KCOP 13 airs the lineup at 11pm every weeknight.

They should do a live 11 p.m. newscast rather than rerunning KTVU's 10 p.m. show.

Why should they? They're already clocking in on 13 hours every weekday (with 11 on Channel 2 alone). You want them to go 13 1/2 or 14?

I'm not against the news. And I understand greatly why they're doing it. But I think these news expansions is getting out of hand. Instead of trying for a new programming options (a non-news local show or a cheap syndie show), I'm feeling they're just taking the easy way out to replace a (likely cancelled) syndie show for another hour of news. It would make an average non-news viewer think that all this station show is news. I said this about two years ago, no station should be airing these endless hours of news. It's like they don't have any room to breathe for non-news programming. That's just an overkill.

Stations are going to love the political ad revenue that's coming from these news expansions this year. But It'll be interesting to see how long they keep these expanded shows past 2017.

Stations are going to love the political ad revenue that's coming from these news expansions this year. But It'll be interesting to see how long they keep these expanded shows past 2017.

The Koch Bros said they would not be spending some millions this year on pac ads because of Trump. That's millions that broadcasters were counting on for 2016...so some stations may want to keep those Simpsons reruns ready because those expanded newscast may be cut sooner than later.

The Koch Bros said they would not be spending some millions this year on pac ads because of Trump. That's millions that broadcasters were counting on for 2016...so some stations may want to keep those Simpsons reruns ready because those expanded newscast may be cut sooner than later.

they will probably still spend money on senate and house races though

Archived