Dick Goddard Retirement Announcement

tyrannical bastard

Mark Dawzidak of the Cleveland Plain Dealer says that longtime FOX 8 meteorologist Dick Goddard will announce something that has been "more than 50 years in the making"....

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2016/05/is_chaennel_8_weatherman_dick_goddard_about_to_announce_his_retirement.html

Is the "R" word going to be mentioned?

All will be revealed Wednesday night at 6.

Mark Dawzidak of the Cleveland Plain Dealer says that longtime FOX 8 meteorologist Dick Goddard will announce something that has been "more than 50 years in the making"....

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2016/05/is_chaennel_8_weatherman_dick_goddard_about_to_announce_his_retirement.html

Is the "R" word going to be mentioned?

All will be revealed Wednesday night at 6.

As the day has went on the promos started airing. Now each hour they have one promo saying how many hours till he reveals it. I have the DVR set and I just have a feeling it's the "R" word.

Speculation and I think this will be confirmed: He's retiring. Let's just throw it out. If this is 50 years in the making, might as well throw your hat out of the ring and stick a fork in him. He's done.

I know this may not be the case, but I think I'm highly sure that he's calling it quits after 50 years.

I'm throwing my hat in the ring and say he's retiring. No way he's still going to do the weather into his 90s and try to go for 60 years in television.

You know it's been a long time coming when even his one time heir-apparent Mark Koontz retired 3 years ago. And even Andre Bernier is showing his age....

I'm throwing my hat in the ring and say he's retiring. No way he's still going to do the weather into his 90s and try to go for 60 years in television.

I think its retirement. Its time. 50 years is enough. I have respect for Dick and what he has done at FOX 8, but it is time to move on.

You know it's been a long time coming when even his one time heir-apparent Mark Koontz retired 3 years ago. And even Andre Bernier is showing his age....

Koontz retired from WFMJ in January 2013. I believe this has been progress since Andre was moved to evenings, and followed by Melissa coming back

I agree about Andre. I think he should be moved off the 5 and maybe get Melissa Mack to replace him since she already does the 4. He'd only do the 6 & 10.

"R" is for

Restroom...

He is announcing his transition and joyous journey into womanhood.

Facebook users will decide which restroom will be used.

C'mon it's sweeps...think out of the box.

"R" is for

Restroom...

He is announcing his transition and joyous journey into womanhood.

Facebook users will decide which restroom will be used.

C'mon it's sweeps...think out of the box.

I was thinking more along the lines of Harry Smith's live on air colonoscopy and thought he'd be getting a live on air catheter installed.

So in short he's going to becomes Cleveland's Own Bob Barker.

55 years what a hell of a run in Television especially during Three Call letter changes and A Network change and many ownership changes as well.

Dick Goddard, I salute you!

Just as we all expected.....

In all seriousness, this is a milestone that few have reached in television. Dick has had a very long and successful career and his advocacy towards animals will keep him in the hearts and minds of Northeast Ohioans and beyond for years to come.

I grew up watching and have had the fortune of meeting him in person several times over the last 30 years...from being in a 4th of July parade, meeting him in passing at a restaurant, and numerous calendar giveaways at Discount Drug Mart which he was kind enough to autograph....I even got an autographed bobble-head several years ago at Christmas! He was one of the reasons I got into television, and inspired many others, as well.

It's official, Dick Goddard stepping down doing weather in November. Will continue to work on animal welfare and other things.

As expected. Again, a class act and much respect. But it is time.

The time for retirement for him is here indeed. 55 years is a remarkable career though. I know he's stepping down in November but I wish him the best in retirement. The next chief meteorologist has some really big shoes to fill. Does anyone know who will actually replace him yet? It's probably too early to say right now.

The time for retirement for him is here indeed. 55 years is a remarkable career though. I know he's stepping down in November but I wish him the best in retirement. The next chief meteorologist has some really big shoes to fill. Does anyone know who will actually replace him yet? It's probably too early to say right now.

Shouldn't they have had someone ready in the wings? Kinda like when Troy Dungan left WFAA and they already had the audience familiar with Pete Delkus. If they don't have someone in-house groomed for the spot that's very poor management.

I say it will be Andre Bernier since he was moved to evenings in the summer of 2007.

Archived