KTTV News Director Out

Joey1986

Hopefully the new news director will bring back the way KTTV used to be... Good Day LA is horrible to watch and the news at noon sucks

Their 12pm broadcast is nothing more than another extension of Good Day (if you know what I mean).

Their 12pm broadcast is nothing more than another extension of Good Day (if you know what I mean).

They need actually news maybe bring in the weekend crew to do it

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump the tread but Dianne Doctor is overseeing the station right now until Fox finds a permanent replacement. Just like Dianne's fashion, she's already making anchor changes. She has Christine and Jeff on Sunday -Thursday. She took Lauren off the 5 p.m. newscast too. Look for more changes to come soon. (Hopefully not another WCBS Massacre)

Hasn't Edwards led GDLA for some 20 so years now? The show in its current format should be canned and reformatted to match other FOX morning shows across the country. GDLA worked well when it was Steve, Jillian, and Dorothy. FOX 11 should also invest in an actually news set as well because the current one just doesn't work.

It will be interesting to see what Kris does at KTTV. She definitely has a tough road ahead of her. The morning show is a disaster, the noon show is a mess, 5pm is unwatchable. The 10pm is somewhat decent, but IMO thats only because of Christine Devine's presence. I am glad FOX went with someone from inside the market. Good choice. Curious to see if any people from powerhouse KTLA will follow Kris to KTTV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Former Member 207

KTTV was more or less my go-to station for morning news, especially with the Steve-Dororthy-Jillian trio, although I never cared that much for Jillian in the first place. But ever since corporate decisions down the street at Pico and Avenue of the Stars and in NYC took over the local Fox newsrooms, the quality of the newscasts have suffered ever since. At one point, I thought that KTTV had the best news department in the market behind KABC, and before corporate restructure put both KNBC and KTLA back on track.

But yeah, it's time for Fox 11 to shit-can these models masquerading as actual reporter/anchors, and as much as enjoyed Steve Edwards over the years, maybe it's time for him go too.

KTTV was more or less my go-to station for morning news, especially with the Steve-Dororthy-Jillian trio, although I never cared that much for Jillian in the first place. But even since corporate decisions down the street at Pico and Avenue of the Stars and in NYC took over the local Fox newsrooms, the quality of the newscasts have suffered even since. At one point, I thought that KTTV had the best news department in the market behind KABC, and before corporate restructure put both KNBC and KTLA back on track.

But yeah, it's time for Fox 11 to shit-can these models masquerading as actual reporter/anchors, and as much as enjoyed Steve Edwards over the years, maybe it's time for him go too.

Jose Rios(ND) was a major loss for that shop. The entire operation fell into the dirt when he left a few years ago.

Archived