WAVE 3 New Set...Coming Soon!

LOWERCASE GUY

First WDRB, Then WLKY, now WAVE -TV is in line to get a new set. This is the 3rd station in 3 years in Louisville.....THIS was on WAVE 3's Instagram page. For the love of God, PLEASE someone fork out money to get WHAS-TV a new set!!042_WAVE.thumb.JPG.3d0adf659d7cc3bcf850d6640f42468a.JPG

And yet another Raycom station with the WBTV set, but (based on the pics) it looks more like the WWBT variant.

Same exact replica of WTOL's new set. Hope Raycom does WIS and WMBF next but I highly doubt that.

I'm thinking in between the two, WIS would be the first to get a new set before WMBF.

I believe any set changes coming to WMBF would probably be a lengthy one since its studio is integrated with the newsroom & live desk. Do they have other spaces in their building to place a temp set/newsroom in? I'm hoping something can be done by the station's 10th anniversary in two years.

And yet another Raycom station with the WBTV set, but (based on the pics) it looks more like the WWBT variant.

I'm thinking in between the two, WIS would be the first to get a new set before WMBF.

I believe any set changes coming to WMBF would probably be a lengthy one since its studio is integrated with the newsroom & live desk. Do they have other spaces in their building to place a temp set/newsroom in? I'm hoping something can be done by the station's 10th anniversary in two years.

They have a little space. But both WIS and WMBF need some kind of rehaul because they are both dated now. But I hope they go more of the WBTV route than the replica that is shown above.

First WDRB, Then WLKY, now WAVE -TV is in line to get a new set. This is the 3rd station in 3 years in Louisville.....THIS was on WAVE 3's Instagram page. For the love of God, PLEASE someone fork out money to get WHAS-TV a new set!![ATTACH=full]2985[/ATTACH]

Just set up a "Go fund me" page for that new set. I honestly think that viewers are so stupid now that they would fall for that ruse.

How about a pledge drive?

Yeah, but WHAS 11 doesn't need those boutique sets that KARE, KING, KUSA, all unveiled? It need something nice & different from the competition.

Compared to what they have now, that would be nice and different. :-)

First WDRB, Then WLKY, now WAVE -TV is in line to get a new set. This is the 3rd station in 3 years in Louisville.....THIS was on WAVE 3's Instagram page. For the love of God, PLEASE someone fork out money to get WHAS-TV a new set!![ATTACH=full]2985[/ATTACH]

Maybe they can just send that old set down the road to WTVQ. They need something newer.

Seeing the mess that WCMH has become, it wouldn't surprise me if they overhauled their current set. It's sort of a cluster.

Even their prior set (the FX Media General standard-issue) only lasted 4 years!

Large parts of their prior set during the end of the O&O era into Media General's ownership was a hand-me-down from WAVE. The desk for sure.

Here it is from 2007 at WCMH.

upload_2016-7-12_23-6-58.png.e22f229fdf7183cf8dc6ba81df8aab96.png

Seeing the mess that WCMH has become, it wouldn't surprise me if they overhauled their current set. It's sort of a cluster.

Large parts of their prior set during the end of the O&O era into Media General's ownership was a hand-me-down from WAVE. The desk for sure.

[ATTACH=full]3024[/ATTACH]

Never understood why NBC never wanted to put money in WCMH, Columbus was a fast growing television market. Here's a pic of that same set back in 08 when they switched to HD. They refreshed it for HD and only used it for 2 months and got a new set in the summer.

image.jpeg.044b7fff7628df87f64175d846d70895.jpeg

Never understood why NBC never wanted to put money in WCMH, Columbus was a fast growing television market. Here's a pic of that same set back in 08 when they switched to HD. They refreshed it for HD and only used it for 2 months and got a new set in the summer.

Well, NBC never really wanted to be in Cleveland, either. Their stewardship of WKYC speaks for itself.

WCMH was still using their Outlet era set as far back as 2001 with some modifications (i.e. where the words NEWS 4 were, they placed NewsChannel 4 + bought a different desk). Plus, they ran themselves as an O&O until 2008 (their master control was at 30 Rock, their site still remained in the O&O format, etc.) Now, where the old NBC News Columbus bureau was, they've placed a "WATCH 4 Alert Desk." WCMH has been suffering since the sale, the last few years have just been the nail in the coffin.

[ATTACH=full]3024[/ATTACH]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived