New NBC/MSNBC Newsroom Studio

Newstudent

They moved Rachel into the old Wake Up With Al Studio with video of the 3A wall behind her. HjiNkRgW.png

Both Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell are now in the newsroom studio which is probably why Rachel had to move again. I thought I heard Early Today was using the newsroom studio too. Maybe they're remodeling 3K?

Rachel Maddow's show (minus Rachel) is coming from the newsroom studio tonight... Which is mocked up to look like the old 3A set.

It's really weird to me that they are going through all this work to mock up the old 3A set virtually in different studios and not just using the actual 3A set, where they could do the same thing but permanently.

As an insomniac I found one of her graphic artists / graphic operator's Instagram feed. Look at what I found:

[MEDIA=instagram]BIdzJryAYkn[/MEDIA]

It looks to me like they have a package built for 3A. In the preview window you can see TRMS text on one wall and the starburst (don't know what to call it) pattern on the other. Also looks like there's a new desk in its place. The photo was posted a month ago and the set has been in use since mid July. You would think they would have had enough time to rehearse the change in presentation styles by now. Maybe it didn't work out right and they are reworking the package?

Archived