WMTW launching 4PM newscast

newsbot

Starting September 6th, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate serving the Portland-Auburn, ME market will expand its existing 5P-630P news block by an hour. Ellen will move back an hour to 3PM, while Steve Harvey will move to 10AM, filling the time slot being vacated by the cancelled Meredith Vieira Show.

I wonder how short for the world Inside Edition is on WCVB. That could be good filler for WHDH.

Also, I wonderif WMUR will start (more accurately, resume) a 4:00 newscast. It worked until Hearst turned WMUR into WCVB North and forced Oprah on them.

when will WBAL start a 4:00 newscast?

As of a few weeks ago they were still looking for a new anchor but no one appears to be leaving. I assume they will be adding a newscast unless they decide to fill the slot emptied by Meredith with Access Hollywood Live again. AH Live originally debuted here in Baltimore for a year before Meredith debuted and only recently returned when it replaced the latenight Meredith repeat at 2AM.

I haven't seen any promos promoting any new syndicated programming.

We still don't get Kathy Lee and Hoda either...

I'm surprised that WISN hasn't backfilled Steve Harvey and Ellen further to get a 4pm going since they'll be last in the Milwaukee market to do so now (though Ellen is tops at 4pm, so it's probably not a high priority). There has to be a point where they either get tired of filling the 2pm slot with the 'flop of the year' talk show from NBCU or ABC-Disney (which they aren't with "Harry"; WVTV is this year's lucky recipient where it gets an odd 5pm/9pm double-run) or do what WBAY did and get an exemption to move The Chew to 2pm and take the noon slot for news or advertorial.

I'm surprised that WISN hasn't backfilled Steve Harvey and Ellen further to get a 4pm going since they'll be last in the Milwaukee market to do so now (though Ellen is tops at 4pm, so it's probably not a high priority). There has to be a point where they either get tired of filling the 2pm slot with the 'flop of the year' talk show from NBCU or ABC-Disney (which they aren't with "Harry"; WVTV is this year's lucky recipient where it gets an odd 5pm/9pm double-run) or do what WBAY did and get an exemption to move The Chew to 2pm and take the noon slot for news or advertorial.

I do think it's interesting that there hasn't been a whiff of info on what WISN will do with that open spot on the schedule; if a newscast (whether at 4pm or what I think is more likely, at 11am) were to happen, I feel like they would have announced it by now. I'm guessing something moving from an existing station...

Archived