Was listening to the Today Show on SiriusXM 108 and the radio host, Jessica Ettinger, mentioned that Studio 1A was temporarily closed while the show was in Rio "to be refurbished". This seems to be a yearly or bi-annual undertaking for the Today Show to spruce up their set while the show is away on location.

Apparently maintenance is also going on in Studio 1A's control room and they are using Control Room 72. Found this out through commenting on one of the current Today show editors posts. Everything at the Today Show and Nightly News is done from New York. All the camera feeds are sent back, they have full intercom communications and return video feeds including the prompter.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1059969504040598

Apparently maintenance is also going on in Studio 1A's control room and they are using Control Room 72. Found this out through commenting on one of the current Today show editors posts. Everything at the Today Show and Nightly News is done from New York. All the camera feeds are sent back, they have full intercom communications and return video feeds including the prompter.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1059969504040598

They've been using CR-72 for the 3rd and 4th hours of Today since April 2015, and I believe I heard Nightly has been delegated to one of the new control rooms as well.

They've been using CR-72 for the 3rd and 4th hours of Today since April 2015, and I believe I heard Nightly has been delegated to one of the new control rooms as well.

He just clarified about the TodayShow in Rio - the cameras and some audio are mixed there. In Sochi everything was done back in New York. Nightly News is done back in New York because it is a much simpler setup with a few cameras.

According to his posts it looks like the 3rd and 4th hours previous came from CR-71. Based some of his pictures it looks as if like NBC is standardizing their control rooms where they have Standardized the technology and layout where they can control any studio.

He just clarified about the TodayShow in Rio - the cameras and some audio are mixed there. In Sochi everything was done back in New York. Nightly News is done back in New York because it is a much simpler setup with a few cameras.

According to his posts it looks like the 3rd and 4th hours previous came from CR-71. Based some of his pictures it looks as if like NBC is standardizing their control rooms where they have Standardized the technology and layout where they can control any studio.

Wouldn't you just die to have a complete floor by floor map of 30 rock?

Somewhere....

Wouldn't you just die to have a complete floor by floor map of 30 rock?

Somewhere....

I have searched for this on google for quite some time, best i can do is find ones of the 3rd and 8th floor from many, many years ago.

Was listening to the Today Show on SiriusXM 108 and the radio host, Jessica Ettinger, mentioned that Studio 1A was temporarily closed while the show was in Rio "to be refurbished". This seems to be a yearly or bi-annual undertaking for the Today Show to spruce up their set while the show is away on location.

Hopefully they get another desk. I hate the current one so much.

Archived