Stand Up To Cancer - Friday September 9 @ 8PM

rkolsen

This Friday there will be a roadblock of sorts for the fifth biennial telecast of Stand Up To Cancer. The show will air commercial free on Friday September 9 at 8PM.

Some broadcast info:

The telecast will broadcast
live from
The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall
in downtown Los Angeles.
ABC, CBS, FOX,
and
NBC,
along with
American Forces Network, ASPiRE, AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Life, E! Entertainment, EPIX, ESPNEWS, FM, FS2, Fusion, FXM, Great American Country, HBO, HLN, ION Television, LMN, Logo, MLB Network, National Geographic, Pivot, RLTV, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, TBS, Tr3s, VH1,
and
WGN America
are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast. For the first time, there will be a Spanish version of the Stand Up To Cancer telecast airing nationally on
Galavision, HBO Latino, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL
and
Univision Deportes,
and locally on
Univision Puerto Rico.
In addition, the show will stream live on
SU2C’s Facebook page, Yahoo, SU2C’s YouTube page, MLB.com
and in Spanish on
Univision.com. USA Network
will air the Stand Up To Cancer telecast on Friday, Sept. 9 at 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM ET/PT / 10:00 PM CT. It will also be available on
Hulu
on Saturday, Sept. 10.

Just thought I'd let some of you guys know of this special to make a difference.

I'm glad it's back again.

I always enjoy watching; when famous people give up their time to something serious and important as cancer and finding a cure for it, it warms my heart.

Also, I always love watching the shorts Homer Simpson stars in with him getting screened for cancer. Really cool and funny.

The Stand Up To Cancer specials remind me of "Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue" from 1990, which was broadcast on...ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Nickelodeon, USA Network, TBS, TNT, BET, PBS (I think), and several independent stations (including WGN, WWOR, WPIX, and KTLA) in the US; CBC, CTV, and Global in Canada; BBC and ITV in the UK; Seven, Nine, and Ten in Australia; and American Forces Network as well as other countries.

But remember: The inaugural SU2C in 1998 was just on ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox with more to come in the later specials.

Archived