KVDA - Telemundo 60 To Launch New Set

EHTVnews

Seems that NBCU is starting to keep some of their Telemundo stations studios and facilities updated. The new set launches on September 26. Looks like it was designed by John Casey, the one who designed KDEN and KTLM new set that launched later in June.

Main Area:

estudio-telemundo-sa1.jpg

More pictures: http://www.telemundosanantonio.com/fotos/Noticias-60-Telemundo-revela-nuevo-estudio-san-antonio-393169331.html

KVDA's a bit of an odd sheep given that NBC gave it to ZGS to operate for a number of years. Now that NBC's standards in the Telemundo division are much higher, they took back two stations from ZGS (KVDA and KNSO - the latter given to Serestar), and I suspect they've spent quite a bit of time bringing KVDA back into "the loop" as it were.

I was reading the article but it doesn't say anything if they are moving. I think this is more of a renovation thing.

I was asking because the link you posted just took me to the photo gallery. I looked on Instagram and here was there old set:

[MEDIA=instagram]wQGkS0ML2J[/MEDIA]

It looks a bit cramped.

Yeah, it's a remodel. The previous set with the portrait monitors was most definitely a ZGS thing.

Were they in HD before the remodel? I must say I'm impressed with all the investments they've done in their stations. This is the third one this year that has gotten a full makeover.

Archived