Major Changes at News12

nynewslover

This is pretty big so I started a new thread.. already mentioned in the News12 thread so I hope it's ok with Admins

Westchester/Hudson Valley moving to the Long Island studio... Connecticut moving to NJ studio.. Numerous layoffs.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/10/7/ax-to-swing-at-news-12

http://www.lohud.com/story/opinion/columnists/phil-reisman/2016/10/07/reisman-news-12-westchester-cost-cutting/91742150/

Wow. Had a feeling that this would be coming with Altice. I would assume that they will use existing News 12 LI anchors/reporters to anchor the Westchester/HV newscasts.

As far as I know there are some Hudson Valley/ Westchester people that got moved so I guess we'll see.. it'll be interesting to see how this plays out

Yeah that's terrible. This means a lot of anchors and reporters who report to the HV and CT studios may lose their jobs. Or maybe they can keep the talent as is and have them report to NJ and LI for consistency, but I expect there will be a lot of changes in the on-air talent come March. But I take it that the Brooklyn and Bronx studio are remaining intact since there hasn't been mention of that.

Yeah that's terrible. This means a lot of anchors and reporters who report to the HV and CT studios may lose their jobs. Or maybe they can keep the talent as is and have them report to NJ and LI for consistency, but I expect there will be a lot of changes in the on-air talent come March. But I take it that the Brooklyn and Bronx studio are remaining intact since there hasn't been mention of that.

Bronx/Brooklyn are remaining intact because they share talent and a studio in the Bronx.

News 12 hasn't been the same in quite a few years if you ask me.. the newscasts seem very "chopped up" and the reporting doesn't seem like it used to be. Hopefully this is good change and they don't end up like Fios 1.. I hear they are NOT worth watching

News 12 hasn't been the same in quite a few years if you ask me.. the newscasts seem very "chopped up" and the reporting doesn't seem like it used to be. Hopefully this is good change and they don't end up like Fios 1.. I hear they are NOT worth watching

So NY can support three or four local cable news outlets....while L.A. doesn't even have one?

RIP OCN

[MEDIA=internetarchive]height=480;id=castaoca_00002;width=640[/MEDIA]

Live from the basement of the Orange County Register.....

The Nancy Pender Show!!!

Never a finer bunch of drunkards for the 1990's

R.I.P O.C.N

(you tried)

• 4 months later...

Tonight is the last night for the weekend team at News 12 Westchester.. Anchor Tara Rosenblum will launch a network wide investigation unit within the next few weeks.. Meteorologist Rob Eisenson is retiring after 21 years with the station.

When will HV and Westchester move to Woodbury? It's going to be very interesting.

I assume sometime in the next few weeks.. the original article said the transition would be complete in march and on her Facebook live Tara Rosenblum said the new investigation unit would launch in early April

I assume sometime in the next few weeks.. the original article said the transition would be complete in march and on her Facebook live Tara Rosenblum said the new investigation unit would launch in early April

I'm curious to see what noticeable on-air consolidation there will be, if any. I get the feeling we could (eventually) see one sports anchor for the 3 regions. Maybe we might see the same with meteorologists as well.

Gonna be interesting to see Monday who is still on.. supposedly they built studios for Hudson Valley and Connecticut.. I wonder if they are similar or identical to Long Island and Jersey to keep it consistant on weekends and weekdays

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty major news out of News 12 LI: 20 year veteran Lea Tyrrell, the station's primetime evening anchor, is leaving the station as of today.

I'll say "SO LONG" but not "GOODBYE!" Today is my last day at News 12. New ownership meant schedule changes here, and I was faced with a decision many Long Island moms - and some dads - have to make - choosing between my job and child care. Spending any less time with my young daughter than I do now was not something I wanted. THANK YOU for letting me bring the news into your homes all these years. It's like being part of the family. I will miss that. From the good times - to the bad, and sometimes frightening times - I'm always amazed and inspired by the resilience, courage and kindness of Long Islanders. To my News 12 "work family" - it has been an honor and a privilege to be part of "THE TEAM!" To my "anchor family" - Colleen, Stone, Bill, Kevin and Jamie - I will miss being in the studio with you every night laughing and talking, and all the fun we have during commercials!!! I love you all! Here's wishing you nothing but GOOD NEWS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/tyrrell12/

iframe>

Pretty major news out of News 12 LI: 20 year veteran Lea Tyrrell, the station's primetime evening anchor, is leaving the station as of today.

https://www.facebook.com/tyrrell12/

iframe>

I knew this was going to happen. News 12 is covering less & less local news. Hardly any reporters, mostly canned stories narrated by the anchors. Lots more National News. Noticing a drop in # of spots as well. More News 12 spots trying to fool people that they are still covering local news. Lots of local talent being lost. Altice doesn't seem to want to have local news operations anymore, perhaps they should sell News 12 to Hearst Television which has experience running local news operations. News 12 was an important source for local news on Long Island that we are losing. Altice doesn't seem to understand that many people stuck with Optimum because of News 12. That was a major selling point. But Altice is too short-sighted to see the big picture. Expect less & less news on Channel 12 until it becomes a 100 percent automated operation. In the end this will hurt their subscriber counts as people will switch to Fios where available. It's getting to the point Fios is having a better news product than 12. Noticing 12 has very sloppy production lately with numerous errors and now screen blankouts while fading between spots. Well News 12 you had a great run but I'm afraid it's coming to an end.

Friday nights 10pm newscast was also the final one produced out of Yonkers.. it was anchor Suzanne Colucci's last night.. I believe the entire production team was also let go.. Weekends began broadcasting out of LI a few weeks ago and weekdays start Monday morning. Sad day for local news

I agree with both of your thoughts. 12 is deteriorating...fast.

They wanted Lea to move to mornings. I'm sure as an anchor, but who would they be replacing? I hope Carol Silva isn't on the way out. And I wonder how much longer Bill Korbel can hang on. That guy is great.

Archived