Showdown... COX v KFMB (retrans)

Eat News

This shit again? Didn't this happen like a year or two ago? Also, I wonder if CBS is handling retrans negotiations for KFMB?

So are you saying KFMB is being lead around by Cox?

Or is KFMB just playing with COX?

I hope that those at KFMB don't fondle COX too much, and COX won't be too hard -on KFMB. They should they both negotiate in a firm and upright manner.

Lets all hope COX does not shoot off prematurely (on twitter) for that could be a bit messy when this all comes to and end.

So are you saying KFMB is being lead around by Cox?

Or is KFMB just playing with COX?

I hope that those at KFMB don't fondle COX too much, and COX won't be too hard -on KFMB. They should they both negotiate in a firm and upright manner.

Lets all hope COX does not shoot off prematurely (on twitter) for that could be a bit messy when this all comes to and end.

Well Eat, we all know COX plays hardball when it comes to Retrans negotiations. Here's hoping they don't stick it to poor ol' KFMB.

KFMB-8 Detox Day 1

9am: KFMB COX blocked.. No Tiffany Coyne on LMAD, and NO Rachael, Amber or Manuela on TPIR. Find old VHS of Rebelde with Angelique Boyer under the seabed. Remember not to fap your fin or you go blind.

10:20am Called KFMB @ 858-571-8888 and told the operator that "according to the screen on COX...you guys want too much money to be carried on COX".

The operator replied "that's correct".

I told her to tell the GM to lower the price and I asked "How much money COX and KFMB were apart?"

She said she didn't know...but I asked her to "find out" and to "call me back asap with those numbers."

God luv the sweet thing as she actually took my phone number...and told me "to hang in there"...

10:30am VHS jammed...ate my Boyer tape.....life unfair, Sad!

Can you imagine if this sh*t happened during sweeps?

But in reality, it's no big deal for me, since I watch KNSD most of the time anyways. KNSD and KGTV should take this opportunity to step up their game to gain some ground on 8.

KGTV should take this opportunity to step up their game to gain some ground on 8.

Well KGTV IS allowing Megan"Band Camp" Parry to show some leg, and wear shorter skirts...so it's a start.

Holy grapes KGTV...

That stupid Laser Christmas light story is already a week old...and where is Rene Henson??? What the heck is Jared "Creaky" Arons doing on traffic???

11:25am...

Called COX Cable and demanded a credit on this months bill for NO KFMB....

The operator reminded me "It's only been 11 hours, and the Chargers are gonna still suck on Sunday anyway"...she will have a Customer Care rep call me back...

Well KGTV IS allowing Megan"Band Camp" Parry to show some leg, and wear shorter skirts...so it's a start.

Holy grapes KGTV...

That stupid Laser Christmas light story is already a week old...and where is Rene Henson??? What the heck is Jared "Creaky" Arons doing on traffic???

11:25am...

Called COX Cable and demanded a credit on this months bill for NO KFMB....

The operator reminded me "It's only been 11 hours, and the Chargers are gonna still suck on Sunday anyway"...she will have a Customer Care rep call me back...

Hmm, I might have to call and get a credit as well. Damn, now i'm hoping they drag this shit out so that the credit is worth my "inconvenience" and the inability to view my "favorite local football team". LOL.

As far as Renee Nelson, last I read was she was out on medical leave--and that was back in early September. She mentioned on twitter in Oct. that she would be back soon, but so far nothing. Plus, they're airing new promos with Melissa Mecija in the live center. Oh, and they're advertising for a traffic reporter position, unlike in the past when the opening was for Live center/traffic anchor. So who knows what the plan is. Are they trying to get rid of the live center anchor position, or just separating the LC/Traffic duties?

And as far as Ms.Parry, seems like the consultants told her to grow her hair out. Just like they did to Kerstin Lindquist several years back. LOL. I remember her saying that it was the ND or a consultant that told her she needed to grow her hair long--and look at how well that went that she's now working at QVC...

4pm No Judge Judy...forced to take the bus to the courthouse to watch Small Claims cases and restraining order hearings.

5pm No News 8 at 5pm....Detox continues. Called NA (News Anon) to ask about taking that "first step"...told that program is "only for drunks" and to "tuff it out you pussy!"

Found an old stick to play with.

Felt dejected...Sad!

Wonder what happened since they're back on [the] COX.

Well obviously my earlier phone calls lit a fire under their butts!

Seriously???

My money says Alex Spanos( or Putin) made up the difference in cash so we could all watch the Chargers choke this week...again.

Well obviously my earlier phone calls lit a fire under their butts!

Seriously???

My money says Alex Spanos( or Putin) made up the difference in cash so we could all watch the Chargers choke this week...again.

Does Alex even have the strength to lift up one of his crusty fingers to make such deal? Because we all know his dipsh*t son Dean sniffing Kroenke's balls to care about the people of SD.

In all seriousness, I wonder which side gave in first.

In all seriousness, I wonder which side gave in first.

If I had to guess I would say KFMB caved first.

Reason being that SD has maybe of the largest and oldest cable subscriber base in the country....and COX and KFMB go wayyyyy back....to the days of "Mission Cable TV". So when COX put up that Slate they (CH-8) got flooded with calls....not COX.

Just a guess though.

Reason being that SD has maybe of the largest and oldest cable subscriber base in the country....and COX and KFMB go wayyyyy back....to the days of "Mission Cable TV". So when COX put up that Slate they (CH-8) got flooded with calls....not COX.

Just a guess though.

Makes sense. Although this isn't the end of the pissing match with COX, we'll be back in this same situation in a couple of years. Plus, i'm sure that CBS is breathing heavily down on KFMB's neck to pony up more cash for the affiliation.

Wonder if COX offered to buy the station...

It would be interesting to know the real facts and figures of this dispute. When KFMB and DirecTV had their issue someone said that KFMB wanted to renew keeping the payment the same. With this dispute, COX is claiming that KFMB is asking for a 1000% increase.

Just a guess though.

And I still remember Southwestern Cable before it became Time Warner Cable. I remember the Cable signal would bleed on KFMB and KGTV creating these horrible 3 stripes in the middle of the screen and see double ghost images. The only way to fix it was buying an A & B switch and connect it to a Bunny Rabbit ear antenna

It would be interesting to know the real facts and figures of this dispute. When KFMB and DirecTV had their issue someone said that KFMB wanted to renew keeping the payment the same. With this dispute, COX is claiming that KFMB is asking for a 1000% increase.

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. That being said, that much of an increase wouldn't surprise me considering that CBS is trying to squeeze their affiliates for every penny they can, in order to keep their affiliation.

I don't know where I read it, but I think that CBS offered to negotiate retrans consent for their affiliates in return for a cut... Not sure if that was the case with KFMB seeing as they're a mom and pop station with little leverage against the big conglomerates...

We'll find out soon enough whom the winner of this deal was. If we start seeing cuts/layoffs at 8, then we know that they got their asses handed down to them.

Archived