WWAY 3

LexTVandRadio

Okay, so I give them credit for at least making a logo better than FOX25 Boston and WEWS 5....It wasn't an "ohhh let's just grab Gotham, or Hellvetikerrr or the trendy font of the week :D so I give them that. I figured maybe they were going to step it up since they keep expanding news at many of their stations where they can sell the group for more money.

I'm torn. One one hand, it's great that they didn't turn to a 35 dollar video hive graphics package, since Morris loves to be cheeeeaper than a tweety bird.... on the other hand, maybe they should have! Or they could have ponied up $5000 bucks and got a designer here from TVNT or the hive to make a package and shared it with all of their stations. This is ONE situation where I'm all for some standardization!

BTW, any idea over what font is used for the WWAY? I took just the WAY typeface into "What the Font" and the results didn't match up with anything. I remember seeing it on some logo type back in the day of days.

BTW, any idea over what font is used for the WWAY? I took just the WAY typeface into "What the Font" and the results didn't match up with anything. I remember seeing it on some logo type back in the day of days.

FrankinFont?

FrankinFont?

Not quite. I've tried several font identifier websites and the closest I've found is:

at https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/stawix/amsi-pro/

"Amsi Pro Ultra" comes pretty close, but the bottom of the A is more rounded than what is seen with the WWAY logo. At least to my eyes. But it's darn near close enough. I'll revisit all of this after a night of New Year's boozing and once the potential headache wears off :D

It's not terrible. Better than WJZ. Really hope some company ends up buying this group of station.

I did like this promo that says, South Eastern North Carolina. Too many directions.

What is West of South Eastern North Carolina?

What is West of South Eastern North Carolina?

South Carolina ;)

In seriousness, when needing to give further identification of the area than "Eastern Carolina", it is typically identified as the "Cape Fear" region, because of the Cape Fear River, or as the Port City, since the market is one of the major ports for the State.

South Carolina ;)

In seriousness, when needing to give further identification of the area than "Eastern Carolina", it is typically identified as the "Cape Fear" region, because of the Cape Fear River, or as the Port City, since the market is one of the major ports for the State.

Pretty much nails it. "Eastern Carolina" typically refers to places like Greenville, Washington, New Bern, Kinston, etc. "Northeastern North Carolina" includes some of the Greenville DMA like Bertie and Martin counties, but mostly consists of the portion of NC that's in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA DMA.

"Southeastern North Carolina" or "Cape Fear Region" would be an appropriate name for the Wilmington DMA.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, did they debut the package with the new logo, but leave the old logo as the bug? The hell? And about the logo, it's not that bad. I'm a big fan of the next "WWAY" and "3" is in, however the circle 3 is awkward. Would've worked better had they kept the parallelogram.

Archived