WKBW finally getting a new set

buffalonewsfan

Alright, that is a GREAT set for Buffalo. Not too crazy about homebase though. They could have done a bit more than a large duratran, but compared to what they had and how old it was, this is pretty good stuff. Scripps has done wonders for that place.

Not bad. I like it. Looks a bit plain, but it'll work for Buffalo.

On a side note: Did anyone catch that 7 logo/transition in the video? I don't think i've seen that type of animation/transition used in the Scripps graphics package, but It looked very sharp.

On a side note: Did anyone catch that 7 logo/transition in the video? I don't think i've seen that type of animation/transition used in the Scripps graphics package, but It looked very sharp.

WXYZ has been using the same 7 transition.. it looks really good on a big HDTV...

If it's an in-house modification, it's a very good job!

Come to think of it, that logo swipe does look a bit familiar...

That's how far they've come in the past two years alone.

This set is GREAT for WKBW and Buffalo. It reflects all of the improvements and energy that have been applied into the newscasts since Scripps has taken over from Granite. Apparently from this FaceTime video, this is only the "phase one". Personally I love the new set for this market. I would like to see the anchors sitting and a video wall somewhere (especially behind the anchors). I'm happy with "phase one", but really excited to see "phase two". Again in my opinion I think Scripps has done a great job with WKBW!

Do we know who designed it? Scripps is weird in that they haven't gone to a fixed company for their stations' new designs and their sets are fully standardized either. Actually sort of surprising they didn't go with the Park Place standard that 4 of their stations have.

Archived