Roger Ailes - Rest-in-peace

padrechuck

No one is saying you have to attend his funeral. Just don't be a dick. Taking joy in someone's death makes you a shitty human being.

Who said I was taking joy in his passing? I'm simply not mourning it and voicing my opinion on the life he lived. My opinion's on him have very little to do with his political views and everything to do with the toxic working environment he ran.

Who said I was taking joy in his passing?

Eat shit, Roger Ailes!

You were saying?

I'm simply not mourning it and voicing my opinion on the life he lived. My opinion's on him have very little to do with his political views and everything to do with the toxic working environment he ran.

You can do that without telling a dead man to eat shit.

;'

What Ailes did to those women was horrible, but he still changed cable news with Fox. RIP.

We need to do better than this.

...and he kept his promises...

Just ask all those hot FNC women who DID get jobs for those sexual favors.

They are called "favors" for a reason.

We really need a few crazy female producer types around here to keep the boys "in check".

The man was a genius and made an enormous impact on the TV news landscape. Like it or not...

He made it possible for other (non-liberal) "voices" to be heard.

Love him or hate him..

I respect him for the many contributions he made to broadcasting...he made all broadcasters smarter and wiser in so many ways.

The guy died doing what he loved...

Kicking ass in news...

He impacted news, but wasn't an impact for news. There is a clear difference. He lead a team that created a perception of what news could be, even though according to fact based analytics, it isn't news at all. It's like the difference between crab and imitation crab.

To call Fox News a 'News Network' is a misrepresentation of the highest order. Fox News is a political commentary machine that creates narratives to fit their ideals, whether or not it has any basis in reality. To call ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and PBS 'Liberal Media' is simply axiomatic when content takes no political stance and pushes fact only, no matter how ugly or politically divisive it is.

Roger Ailes career was built upon the subterfuge of our most vulnerable citizens who are driven by fear and emotion over research and fact. These individuals deploy cognitive bias in arguments to justify their positions. Roger Ailes was indeed a master of this manipulation, but we should learn from his ability to manipulate to build a more accessible fact-driven news medium.

To call Fox News a 'News Network' is a misrepresentation of the highest order. Fox News is a political commentary machine that creates narratives to fit their ideals, whether or not it has any basis in reality. To call ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and PBS 'Liberal Media' is simply axiomatic when content takes no political stance and pushes fact only, no matter how ugly or politically divisive it is.

I just want to be sure I quoted you correctly.

What do you mean?

Just making sure the quote from you is correct.

>>To call Fox News a 'News Network' is a misrepresentation of the highest order. Fox News is a political commentary machine that creates narratives to fit their ideals, whether or not it has any basis in reality. To call ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and PBS 'Liberal Media' is simply axiomatic when content takes no political stance and pushes fact only, no matter how ugly or politically divisive it is.<<

Who said I was taking joy in his passing? I'm simply not mourning it and voicing my opinion on the life he lived. My opinion's on him have very little to do with his political views and everything to do with the toxic working environment he ran.

Same here- I was rejoicing in the fact that people aren't going to be harassed by him anymore.

Same here- I was rejoicing in the fact that people aren't going to be harassed by him anymore.

I clutched my pearls...and hugged my children.

We watched Estrella the rest of the day...and ate hot dogs.

All of this is why conservatives snark about the "tolerant left" and why they don't take "Love Trumps Hate" and "The Resistance" seriously.

What Ailes did to those women was horrible, but he still changed cable news with Fox. RIP.

We need to do better than this.

P.S, this is one reason how you got Trump, and how you'll get more Trump.

Trump supporters who wore "f--- your feelings" t-shirts, shouted racial epitaphs and cheered for his opponent to be locked up - those were his most visible supporters. And we are to be shocked, shocked I say, that Democrats are refusing to do anything with Republicans? Why would they?

Like it or not, this is the new normal we live in... the "f--- your feelings" normal in which the hyperpartisan mood only gets worse, and worse. The Republicans will refuse to do anything in cooperation with Democrats when they eventually lose power. Democrats could nominate their own populist to outdo Trump in 2020. That's the trend we now face.

Is Ailes to blame? Not 100% directly. But his programming methods did exacerbate everything. A trade-off of sorts for being ridiculously successful and making insane profits and ratings year after year.

Again, I feel nothing for an obviously talented man who failed to utilize his talents in a way that could have enriched the world for the better. No sadness, no gloating... just nothing. Am I happy to say this? Not on your life. But I'm honest, or at least am trying to be honest.

Trump supporters who wore "f--- your feelings" t-shirts, shouted racial epitaphs and cheered for his opponent to be locked up - those were his most visible supporters. And we are to be shocked, shocked I say, that Democrats are refusing to do anything with Republicans? Why would they?

Like it or not, this is the new normal we live in... the "f--- your feelings" normal in which the hyperpartisan mood only gets worse, and worse. The Republicans will refuse to do anything in cooperation with Democrats when they eventually lose power. Democrats could nominate their own populist to outdo Trump in 2020. That's the trend we now face.

Is Ailes to blame? Not 100% directly. But his programming methods did exacerbate everything. A trade-off of sorts for being ridiculously successful and making insane profits and ratings year after year.

Again, I feel nothing for an obviously talented man who failed to utilize his talents in a way that could have enriched the world for the better. No sadness, no gloating... just nothing. Am I happy to say this? Not on your life. But I'm honest, or at least am trying to be honest.

I do agree that Fox News has exacerbated the political cesspool that we are in. Ailes did rake it a lot of dough at the expense of bipartisanship going out the window. However flawed that he is, no one deserves to "Eat Shit."

Ah, to be a fly on the wall at that funeral:

[MEDIA=twitter]866293366748835840[/MEDIA]

Eesh.

I'm sure there's enough grounds for that kid to be put on psych hold for a few days. Irregardless of his mourning of his father's passing, a statement like that is indicative of someone that truly needs a lot of help.

I don't think this kid understands the problems he just brought on himself.

Archived