KTLA adding a 10am?

CircleSeven

• 7 months later...

Didnt mean to bump this old thread but also didnt think it was worth making a new thread on KTLA expansion on the weekend morning news. They will add another hour at 10am on Jan 6th and weekend mornings will b from 6am to 11am.

Was it really necessary to add another hour on the weekends? Good laaaawwwwddd!!!

Didnt mean to bump this old thread but also didnt think it was worth making a new thread on KTLA expansion on the weekend morning news. They will add another hour at 10am on Jan 6th and weekend mornings will b from 6am to 11am.

Was it really necessary to add another hour on the weekends? Good laaaawwwwddd!!!

Seems like somebody read my blog... :rolleyes:

that's just for Weekdays though.

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. Think about this... KTLA Morning News is 4-11am weekdays and 6-11am weekends. Only the 4am and 5am hours are needed on weekends to make it a daily 4-11am broadcast for KTLA.

To the poster that said, "just like KTTV." No, it's not like KTTV. As stated above, KTTV has no weekend AM newscasts. KTTV goes 4:30am-10:30am weekdays (six hours). KTLA goes 4am-11am weekdays (seven solid hours). Now KTLA will go five hours straight on weekend mornings.

I've never been sold on Chris Burrous. I always thought he was lightweight, even for the weekends. Lynette has proven herself time and time again. Even though weekend mornings is a huge demotion from her Hal Fishman days, I still like her. I find it interesting they don't bring in a secondary team for their weekend AM news. Previous weekend AM anchors Mary Beth McDade (weekday nightside reporter) and Wendy Burch (weekday morning reporter) are still around.

I hope this expansion doesn't dilute the popular "Morning News" brand. Additionally, I hope Sinclair keeps the KTLA morning teams (weekday and weekend) teams in place after the merger goes thru.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Former Member 207
Outside of newscasts, aren't they just running the trash trio until 7pm?

Not quite...outside of the newscasts and the NBCU trash talk trio, there's at Crime Watch Daily at 11am, Robert Irvine at 2pm, and then Two and a Half Men at the 7pm hour.

Springer airs at 11am, Maury at 4pm, and Steve Wilkos is at 5pm. All of their weeknight sitcoms air between 11:30pm-2:30am, however all but Friends (Family Guy, Goldbergs, Last Man Standing, Mom) already air in much earlier timeslots over on KDOC.

Archived